Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The old Bushiri

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    At one point in the past, it was going to be the designated beach for cruise passengers.

With the recent construction of facilities along Eagle Beach and elsewhere, it seems the idea of using the beach at the old Bushiri for cruise passengers is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    With the recent construction of facilities along Eagle Beach and elsewhere, it seems the idea of using the beach at the old Bushiri for cruise passengers is a thing of the past.
    Or just coming on Island Time
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Still standing

From CK1's post from Amigoe:

Bushiri

With project leaders include Public Works Sevinger visited several projects in the pipeline. As the multifunctional accommodation (MFA) in Paradera and the construction of the sewer system to Bubali Plas, both of whom are in the final stage. The minister looked at the ground in Bushiri hotel, which is slated to be demolished. The parliamentary approval is not there yet, but the master plan for development of the site is in the final design stage, according Sevinger. It is envisaged that there will be a continuation of the former and Linear Park Mambo Beach comes back, by which the site is a public area for recreation.

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/226705-r...ieuw-evalueren

Tell someone in the government that it's worth X-amount of money, and watch how fast it gets developed.
    As long as some of that money ends up in the pocket of the powers-that-be.

Isn't that a horrible thing to say and a nasty way to look at it?
    But, ain't it the truth...?

Just look at the Riu... the bird sanctuary... any of the other horrid building sites around the island.

It's a shame what it's becoming.
    Isn't or wasn't there already someplace called "Little America"?
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 21, 2017, unless that lottery ticket hits.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Aruba since 1979
    Just wondering....will the Bushiri property somehow be combined into the mega parcel of the old container ship area?

i would love to know the "plan" for these parcels of land/waterfront area.

It's not as overgrown as it once was. You can see much more of the building from the road. Tells me there must be some sort of plan, but who knows what that may be!

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    It's not as overgrown as it once was. You can see much more of the building from the road. Tells me there must be some sort of plan, but who knows what that may be!
    You can see more of the property because the plywood "fence" is in a lot of disrepair. I think whatever was of value inside is now gone and no use protecting the property. Would be nice to see something there operational again.

Figures! lol I am usually driving when we pass it so I'm only taking short little glimpses that way. And, generally, try to find the best in any situation! I guess that's why I thought it must have been overgrown last time I saw it! Thanks Mazoo

From forum member ArubaAngelo's blog:

Is The Bushiri Hotel Coming Down, or Not?
    Since the area around the bushiri has been cleaned, many people want to know when the abandoned building will be brought down….
    So the director of Aruba’s infrastructure company, Marlon Croes, elaborated on the status of the abandoned bushiri hotel during a recent interview.
    He said that they are practically done with cleaning up the place, but are waiting for the paperwork to be reviewed and signed, so the government can give them a start sign to begin bringing down the abandoned hotel.
    According to him, removing the old building is a longer process than many people expect. But that it shouldn’t take any longer that they get the green light.
    The plan is to create a recreational park for locals and visitors including a public beach.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast