Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By Aruba-Mark
  • 2 Post By Aruba4ever
  • 1 Post By AndyM

Thread: Old Bushiri Hotel will become a public beach

Old Bushiri Hotel will become a public beach

They have FINALLY figured out a plan of action with the old Bushiri Hotel that has been sitting empty for many years. I do miss the old place (especially the restaurant Tabasko's) but will be happy to see a public beach in its place.

Roughly translated from Amigoe.com:

Bushiri Hotel is public beach

Oranjestad - after years of negotiations and lawsuits is the bullet now finally by the church. The EX-Bushiri Hotel will be demolished and instead is a public beach.
    That has tourism-minister otmar oduber let them know. Developer Southwest Wild in the field a hard rock hotel building, but after several times to postponement of financing, kept it on for the government. The building lease contract was terminated. That was pretty close to southwest a lawsuit against the country, but lost this one. The government allowed it to claim the two million dollars that southwest had to pay as a deposit. Southwest went into action, but will now retire. The Minister let know that the lawyer from southwest contacted the attorney of the state via an e-mail, in which he writes that they withdraw the case. The government has now finally free game to carry through to what the states for years ago in a motion brought forward: a public beach. At the beginning of 2016, Parliament will go ask for an authorisation for the field 'clean' and ready to do as a public beach.
    http://amigoe.com/aruba/219510-bushi...penbaar-strand
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

That is awesome! Will be a great spot for locals and/or cruise ship passengers! Very Very nice and I'm so happy I won't have to explain what that eyesore is anymore to people as I bring people to the island for the first time!

It is great news. And as a bonus, now maybe the cruise folks won't come to Palm Beach

Aruba since 1979
    i miss the old bushiri.
    the place in its heyday was terrific.
    it was a gem.

the development into a public beach area will be wonderful for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    That is awesome! Will be a great spot for locals and/or cruise ship passengers! Very Very nice and I'm so happy I won't have to explain what that eyesore is anymore to people as I bring people to the island for the first time!

Love the idea of a new public beach to explore
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    It is great news. And as a bonus, now maybe the cruise folks won't come to Palm Beach
    +1 Eagle Beach