Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aruba since 1979
    not a clue here
    it is a disgusting mess.
    i have nothing positive to say.
    glad to see you posting marl!
    andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes Lady View Post
    Well it is June 1st and we should be hearing something as the 90 day Govt. extension has run out.... Andrea as you know I own at both LaCabana & (Aruban) Villas as well as many that have posted. It makes me sick to think of all the $$$ many of us have thrown in and some of us own many weeks of the 3 bedroom condo units.... Many up-graded to larger units or VIP and the BS still goes on. Sales should have been shut down by the Govt. when the 90 day extension was given by them, but, they were allowed to continue...... Andrea do you remember what happened when the Govt took it over the last time. There are postings such as " the law requires KL to be held accountable to continue paying maint etc. ....If they declare bankruptcy how can they be held accountable for any $$$$$$ as this Aruban was based out of the Antilles not the US... Lots of questions...... I am glad I still own at LaCabana as well and should never have sold some of my weeks there. Marl

Thanks Andrea... If I hear anything I'll post so others will know what has transpired. Alwood is there now so at least we can hear any news first-hand... Marl

Folks....I wonder if someone can help???? Back in the States if we have a problem in regards to consumers rights we can go to the Atty General in our state. I have sent e-mails to ATA, ATA PR, and the U.S. Consulate and instead of leaving me hanging, all did reply, which I truly appreciate. Now the question.....Is there any part of the Aruban Govt I can e-mail that can give answers as to the consumer laws to protect the timeshare owners????? Many of you are aware there is a lot going on at the Aruban Resort and I am trying desperately to get some legal answers without the cost of legal fees..... Just a few answers!!!!!!! If anyone does have such an e-mail address please send it to me via Andrea. Not sure if any of you go out to .thearubanforum.com site, and if you do or if you want to register I have posted the e-mail to and replies from, as well as my counter reply to ATA ... Thanks in Advance.....Marl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12