Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 2 Post By LeaveTheKidsWithMom

Thread: one day jeep rental, what is a must see?

one day jeep rental, what is a must see?

i am considering doing a one day jeep rental for our upcoming trip. my wife and i have seen a great deal of the island but our travel companions have never been to aruba.

what would you think is a must see on the island. i figure in one complete day we could make a pretty good dent in it.

thanks
    todd

Aruba since 1979
    hey there todd

check out this thread
    Opinions Please for 1 Day Self Guided Jeep Island Route

absolutely a 1 day event will put a great sized dent in it.

i am also copying this to "getting around aruba"

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyetodd View Post
    i am considering doing a one day jeep rental for our upcoming trip. my wife and i have seen a great deal of the island but our travel companions have never been to aruba.

what would you think is a must see on the island. i figure in one complete day we could make a pretty good dent in it.

thanks
    todd

thank you andrea !

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Here's what we do: Leave early and the ladies will need some TP and better be prepared to squat in the desert, there are no facilities where you are going. We bring a cooler with plenty of ice and water, some food and rum too. You can do the whole east side in one day, albeit a long day but it can be done and it's a BLAST.

When you get to the end of the road at the big red anchor, if you were going to Baby Beach you would turn right. You want to turn left (head east) and keep going behind the prison, head towards the big wind turbines. If you can get in the restricted zone (place where boulders are moved) you can get right up to the base of one of the turbines, it's amazing how big they are and the sound they make is crazy, at the last turbine you can get back out, find the place where the boulders are moved (you are now in the National Park). As soon as you get back out there is a sign for the cave, check it out lots of bats. Continue heading east and the trail will turn towards the north, north east and you will come up to a bar, Boca Prins, right behind there is another cave, check it out then follow the road deep into the park, pass the visitor center and follow the signs to Conchi (Natural Pool) after you pass some weird building that looks like a flying saucer you'll need to put the jeep into 4 wheel drive low (stop put it in neutral and shift the lever all the way back towards the back seat then put it back in drive) go slow and avoid rocks to the side walls, run them over if you have to. Conchi is the prize. After you spend some time in the pool you either want to go back towards the visitor center but head more towards the right and you will see the exit and your now in Santa Cruz (put jeep back in two wheel drive). Work your way to the Natural Bridge or the Gold Ruins and keep heading north north east when your back off road, you will pass the Baby Natural Bridge, Alto Vista Chapel, head towards the California Lighthouse, go east of the lighthouse and you will come out to the road right by Arashi Beach, jump in cool off and celebrate your accomplishment.
    Last edited by LeaveTheKidsWithMom; 01-03-2016 at 01:44 AM.