Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: One Happy Podcast

One Happy Podcast

Just had a chance to listen to the latest episode of One Happy Podcast. It features frequent forum poster, vallond. Thanks Curt (burghboy) and VallonD for giving us another way to enjoy Aruba!
    Give it a listen when you have a chance. http://onehappypodcast.com/ep70/

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Thanks Tracey for the plug. I don't post much anymore just because I am so darn busy (blessing and curse) but I still do lurk on occasion. Makes me happy that you guys enjoy the show. I'm looking forward to maybe having you back on after your upcoming trip.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Thanks Tracy for listening and for the mention. This was my second time on the podcast, the first time being back in 2014. Hope that you all enjoy listening and laughing in the process. Like the tile says, it really was a Comedy of Errors going and returning.

Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Thanks Tracy for listening and for the mention. This was my second time on the podcast, the first time being back in 2014. Hope that you all enjoy listening and laughing in the process. Like the tile says, it really was a Comedy of Errors going and returning.
    You have definitely been through a lot on your travels to Aruba, but always nice to hear your story. Was this your first stay at the Surf Club? Will yoy stay there again? We like the property, especially the lazy river but sometimes it feels too big and busy. We've stayed twice, and will return if we find a great rentalking proce, but we like Playa Linda better.

I was back in episode 8 and hope to be again if I have any good stories to tell from this upcoming trip!

Aruba since 1979
    You will have awesome stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    You will have awesome stories!
    But will I remember them...lol

Aruba since 1979
    Heck no

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    But will I remember them...lol
    Maybe you should live blog your trip

There have been some interesting experiences, my most recent trip was the only one where I experienced one delay after another, in all the previous visits the delays were not that long; and there was one trip (January 2014) where I arrived on Curacao at 9:00 am and had to spend the day because my connecting flight with Tiara Air was scheduled to depart for Aruba at 10:35 pm. That was my first and last time booking my flight through the travel site Cheap O' Air, never again.
    Next time I'll be looking for a flight that departs T&T early in the morning and where the connecting flight out of Curacao will get me into Aruba with enough daylight still left, hopefully Insel will get their house in order once they get their outstanding monies owed to them from Venezuela and have their flights operating on time.

I forgot to mention this in the podcast. I do have another option besides Curacao to connect through to get to Aruba, Panama via Copa Airlines. They have flights to and from Panama every day mornings and evenings every day, with the exception of Wednesday and Sunday. Connecting through Panama could get me into Aruba by 3:00 pm, which is great. However their price is a bit much. So unless I win the next Mega Lotto draw I will have to make do with either Suriname Airlines or Insel Air.

This was my first stay at the Surf Club, and it was a pretty good stay. Darylaine and Dayalin( my friend's daughters) absolutely enjoyed coming by to visit and really wanted to stay overnight seeing as I had the extra room. The Lazy River was closed as it was under maintenance and repair along with a lot of other areas on the property. As I said in the podcast The Surf Club is HUGE!! Really huge, and I was not too wild on having to take along the seat tags whenever I had to go by the pool , and it lacked that "Intimate" at home feel.Which is what I missed about not being able to stay at La Cabana, that and the Islander Grill. If La Cabana is not available I will go back to the Surf Club, or if possible the Playa Linda.

Hopefully you will make another visit to the Podcast to share your next trip to Aruba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast