Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: One Happy Podcast Forum Member Interviews.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach

One Happy Podcast Forum Member Interviews.

I have a couple of member interviews coming up over the next month starting with one I recorded with Jacki and her incredible family.

One of the things I like best about conducting these is being able to really experience someone's personality. On the boards I get a bit of a feel for how someone is but when you are able to hear their vocal inflections, tempo and other idiosyncrasies it helps bring the text I read to life. Thanks again Jacki for taking time out of your life to share your version of Aruba with me and in turn everyone that chooses to download and listen.

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep41/

Also be on the lookout for an interview with CK1 I will be posting in a couple of weeks.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Going to listen with the kids soon! Thanks so much for this opportunity to chat with you! My boys had so much fun. They were bouncing off the walls when we were done speaking. They were so excited and kept saying "He is SO COOL" and "That was actually really fun".
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Going to listen with the kids soon! Thanks so much for this opportunity to chat with you! My boys had so much fun. They were bouncing off the walls when we were done speaking. They were so excited and kept saying "He is SO COOL" and "That was actually really fun".
    LOL I have to show Maggie the part about me being cool
    I hope you all enjoy.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for the heads up, Curt. I kept checking your Podcast site and thought: any minute now! Just being excited!

Will check out Jacki's interview later on, that will be fun, too!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I just finished listening to this Podcast and I'm still smiling! What an adorable family you have, Jacki!

The expression "some of the older adults..." made my really LOL!

And thanks for the tip of your little one: "If you don't like to eat meat, there is this amazing salad bar in the middle of Texas de Brazil!" Yup, that would be me.

Another great interview, Curt! Yes, indeed, really cool!

Great episode! It was fun to hear the whole family talk about their love for Aruba and all the things to see, do and eat there.

It's always good to hear a forum member on the podcast. Jacki, thanks for sharing your family with us. Your kids described everything is such great detail, I could just picture you guys enjoying your time together. And I am with you on the colors, my favorite part of being on the beach in Aruba is enjoying the colors.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    And thanks for the tip of your little one: "If you don't like to eat meat, there is this amazing salad bar in the middle of Texas de Brazil!" Yup, that would be me.
    I don't eat meat (just chicken) so he knows that TdB is a place we can all stuff ourselves silly & Brianna & I rave about their salad bar!

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    And I am with you on the colors, my favorite part of being on the beach in Aruba is enjoying the colors.
    Still after approx 11 or 12 trips I am amazed at the colors while driving from the airport, I could still sit on the beach or on a balcony and stare in amazement. That is one thing that scares me about staying on the island too long or moving there. I'm afraid I would lose that feeling of awe.

We tried to figure out how many times we've been to Aruba. There are 9 Aruba stamps in our passports that are up for renewal now (we skipped the year Brianna graduated high school). I think we were there either 2 or 3 times before passports were required.

It's funny you should mention the colors on the ride from the airport. That is one of the reasons we don't rent a car. From a taxi, neither of us has to watch the road and we can both relax and look around to take it all in. I know that's not the same for everyone, and maybe after more trips that will change.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Truly one of the reasons I don't mind the traffic from the airport (we usually arrived on Saturday afternoons). More traffic = more staring time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast