Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: One more packing question!

One more packing question!

2 days left!
    I've read all the packing threads and I realize that we don't need to bring beach towels as they provide at La Cabana - but do you need to have them returned daily to the pool hut by 6pm? I see that is when the towel hut closes. Or can you return them the next day? What if you want to take a day trip out to Baby Beach and stop for dinner on the way back and it is after 6 or you want to go for an evening swim? Or for when your kids get them completely soaked and sandy within the first 3 minutes at the beach...
    Probably a silly question - but is it worth cramming a few beach towels in?

Also I do see that everyone says to cut the amount of clothes they bring in half - just packed the kids last night and it does seem like a lot, but I generally always pack them 2 outfits per day because they often get wet/filthy/etc. and I can see us showering up after a day at beach for sundresses or skirts and tanks out to dinner. Is this really overkill?

I do have us fitting into 3 med 25" suitcases for 4 people (thankfully their stuff is small!) with sunscreen galore, collaps. cooler, some pails and shovels. So we are nowhere near the weight limit that is normally iffy when we pack the large suitcase.
    Thanks
    !!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Towels are an exchange whenever... You bring it in when you are ready they give you clean. Don't bring towels waste of suitcase space.
    bathing suits are the most Impt to us. Hand wash them out with detergent ( travel size) . T shirts are also a life saver for little kids and burns. Remember you are sitting on the equator and that sun is brutal. You will be a 5 min walk from Super a foods and can always get sunscreen there. A tip for you is to bring your own swim rings. Like cheap ones from Target. Easy pack then hand off to another family. Enjoy

Aruba since 1979
    yes you can return the towels the next day.
    we typically turn our towels in when we are coming in from the pool or beach.
    at lacabana, the towel shed opens at 8 am and we are usually on the beach earlier, so we need to gt clean towels the day before.

i do not like taking the resort towels off the resort (baby beach).
    if they happen to get swiped, I do not want to be held financially accountable for them ..$25 each.
    i usually pack a couple of raggedy beach towels from home, ones that no one would want!

safe and easy and fun travels for all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ojibwa518 View Post
    2 days left!
    I've read all the packing threads and I realize that we don't need to bring beach towels as they provide at La Cabana - but do you need to have them returned daily to the pool hut by 6pm? I see that is when the towel hut closes. Or can you return them the next day? What if you want to take a day trip out to Baby Beach and stop for dinner on the way back and it is after 6 or you want to go for an evening swim? Or for when your kids get them completely soaked and sandy within the first 3 minutes at the beach...
    Probably a silly question - but is it worth cramming a few beach towels in?

Also I do see that everyone says to cut the amount of clothes they bring in half - just packed the kids last night and it does seem like a lot, but I generally always pack them 2 outfits per day because they often get wet/filthy/etc. and I can see us showering up after a day at beach for sundresses or skirts and tanks out to dinner. Is this really overkill?

I do have us fitting into 3 med 25" suitcases for 4 people (thankfully their stuff is small!) with sunscreen galore, collaps. cooler, some pails and shovels. So we are nowhere near the weight limit that is normally iffy when we pack the large suitcase.
    Thanks
    !!

No matter where we stay we exchange our towels at the end of the day and take the fresh ones back to our room. In the morning we can head straight to the beach skipping the stop at the towel hut

We just make sure we get back our towels cards right before check out.

2 days left!
    In my opinion, yes!! I used to do exactly what you are describing and it got to be ridiculous. They wouldn't wear half the clothes I packed. During the day all they need is their bathing suit and either a t-shirt or a cover-up. After showering for supper and they put on a sundress and depending how old they are, they can always wear the same dress/outfit another night...unless of course they have slopped all over it. Chances are they will only be in it a few hours. LaCabana has a washer/dryer...I'm sure the last thing you want to do on vacation is laundry but I've found laundry in Aruba isn't half as bad as laundry at home!!! You'd be surprised how many outfits you don't need!

It depends.

How many days will you NOT be on the beach?

For beach only days, do not pack any shorts or tops for the kids, just something for them to wear at night.

If you are going somewhere for a few hours (and they will not be eating in the clothes with a chance to spill something) then in all likelihood they will be able to wear that outfit again. So if they will wear shorts and top for 2 hours one morning, they can wear the same outfit another day when they will not be in their bathing suits/coverups.

The Surf club has washers and dryers. We don't mind doing laundry as required. It cuts way down on the amount of clothes being packed no matter what age you are. We throw a few Tide pods and dryer sheets in the suitcase, they are light weight and small and you don't bring them home with you. Clean clothes pack better and who want's to do a ton of laundry your first day back home?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Clean clothes pack better and who want's to do a ton of laundry your first day back home?
    I have to say this is very true however I don't mind coming home with dirty laundry if it means more time on the beach. I have all the time in the world to wash and fold when we get home...and if it doesn't get done the first day...well it is not going to get up and walk away.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-08-2014 at 03:25 PM.

Great points everyone - thanks!!
    As for days not on beach - honestly no idea We have a rental jeep and hope to explore the island and the national park. We are doing the submarine but that is the only thing actually booked. I left it open.
    The $25 fee does worry me Andrea, but I guess they are just as easily swiped from Eagle Beach as from Baby?
    I think I will go back through their stuff and maybe replace half the outfits with some extra coverups/large tees - they are fair so I am worried about their skin!
    And good idea about trading towels in at night to head right out in the AM!
    Thanks everyone!!

Aruba since 1979
    that towel fee is necessary, and most resorts charge the fee if towels are lost/stolen.
    we paid it twice as our son and his friend each lost (?) 2 towels on the same trip (August 2001) and to say Paul and I were livid was a huge understatement.the boys were about 14 yrs old so old enough to be responsible........maybe

enjoy your trip.......less clothes more bathing suits (hats and sunblock too)

Great points everyone - thanks!!
    As for days not on beach - honestly no idea We have a rental jeep and hope to explore the island and the national park. We are doing the submarine but that is the only thing actually booked. I left it open.
    The $25 fee does worry me Andrea, but I guess they are just as easily swiped from Eagle Beach as from Baby?
    I think I will go back through their stuff and maybe replace half the outfits with some extra coverups/large tees - they are fair so I am worried about their skin!
    And good idea about trading towels in at night to head right out in the AM!
    Thanks everyone!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast