Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Is One Week In Aruba Enough?

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Back to the topic regarding vacation time...it really depends on your employer. I work for a defense contractor and am blessed to get 5 weeks off every year with the option to buy and sell time. Of course this includes sick time, but still. Compared to the company I worked for right out of college I feel blessed to get so much time off. I know that when you work for the government you tend to get more time off so there is a difference in the industry. My husband gets about 4 weeks off, so we usually go for a little longer than a week.

Aruba since 1979

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    I spend 8 there and working on #9

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    For some reason we keep adding a day or two each time we go. we started with 9 days and are now up to 18 days. And its still not enough time. The good thing is each time you go, you have a routine and the time to get situated is no time at all. We have it down to a science. If our flight lands on time and "usually" the immigration line is nothing, Hans is ALWAYS on time, and you are in the car on the way to Lings and then your place. From the time we land, get the car, get the groceries, unpack groceries & clothes, it takes about a total of 2.5 hours. And we are immediately in the Aruban State of Mind....

Is one sunset enough? Is one kiss enough? Is seeing the Grand Canyon one time enough. Is licking an ice cream cone once, enough?
    NOPE.
    The question is incorrect. It could be - "Are two weeks enough?"
    The answer remains the same.
    Nope.
    You are talking about Aruba! Not Nirvana.

Be well

charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Quote Originally Posted by EricaLovesAruba! View Post
    Back to the topic regarding vacation time...it really depends on your employer. I work for a defense contractor and am blessed to get 5 weeks off every year with the option to buy and sell time. Of course this includes sick time, but still. Compared to the company I worked for right out of college I feel blessed to get so much time off. I know that when you work for the government you tend to get more time off so there is a difference in the industry. My husband gets about 4 weeks off, so we usually go for a little longer than a week.
    So, between the two of you , you have 9 weeks off, and 5 of those can be sold. Life used to be simpler. Trust me on that.
    be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

We like a week at the end of January, then a week in March. Neither my husband nor I like to be away from our house for two weeks.

On my first visit to Aruba I spent only four days, which by the end of my first full day I realized was not enough. On my second visit I spent seven days, which was okay but due to all the running around that I did with my relatives I wound up spending my last day relaxing before returning home. My third trip was a ten day stay where I alternated the days that I ran around to the days where I just sat back and relaxed. On my last visit which was for seven days was pretty good, due in part to having stayed at La Cabana, but still felt that I needed more time. Hoping to do either ten days or fourteen days on my fifth visit where I can really space out the days of running around and the days of kicking back and relaxing. So to answer your question, seven days may be enough for some. Fourteen days (two weeks) would be most ideal.

Returned july 4, 17 days, third stay this year, returning oct 18 for 2 weeks,
    Believe me, understand....

Hopefully next year our stays will exceed 3 weeks and add another trip...

Catashi, thats were our rented bungalow is. Our fav beach is Rogersbeach. Our favorite hangout, the Cigar Lounge of Ruben de Lange.
    Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    I alway travel to Aruba for 1 week. Once I had the priveledge to travel to Aruba for 2 weeks. I exchanged 2 time share weeks to the Divi Dutch and they were nice enough to to put me up at the Divi Golf Village in the same villa for 2 weeks back to back. I'm thinking with airfare being so expensive, stress at work, I might be better off going for 2 weeks back to back. Especially since I have some timeshare weeks in Orlando that have been accumilating.

What are your thoughts, preference, 1 or 2 weeks?
    We did 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 6 weeks and once we wnt for 8 weeks!! We would say the longer the better, even after 8 weeks we we're sad we had to go home!!

Btw, this sept, 2 weeks for us, next year we will do 4 again!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast