Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: One week away until our first trip to ARUBA!

Cool One week away until our first trip to ARUBA!

Going to be a tough week at work when all I can think about is sitting on the beach staring at crystal clear blue water.

I think I have most of the basics covered as a rookie....Wife and I got most of the simple stuff covered such as plenty of sunscreen, small cheap cooler, etc.

Is there anything you guys would recommend booking a week in advance or should we not have a problem trying to book stuff with the hotel once we arrive?

We wanted to do a tour on Monday so wasn't sure if I should try and book that online now or just wait until we get there? We were thinking of doing the ATV tour for the half-day or something like that.

I've booked the Black Pearl cruise a few months ago and I'm glad I did since that went fast.

I'd really like to do a dinner on the beach type of deal one night as well but wasn't sure which place was best for that.

Thanks for any help.

We like Barefoot as the best beach dining experience, you may want to make a reservation there to get a sunset time. If you will be taking a taxi for dinner, this will be about $20 each way from the high rise hotels. Passions would be closer.

You shouldn't have any problems booking a tour when you arrive. What type of tour are you planning? You have jeeps, atvs, horseback, taxi driver tours, lots of options. Make sure to give yourself a day near the beginning and near the end where you are just relaxing and taking in the beach!

Edit: Just saw you want an atv tour, take a look at the DePalma utv tour, you can sit next to each other and talk about what you are seeing. If you don't mind an early rise, the Arias Sunrise Tour is another option. if you Google it y ou will find their website easily. Cindyo has been and really raved about it, we are going later this year.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 05-18-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    We like Barefoot as the best beach dining experience, you may want to make a reservation there to get a sunset time. If you will be taking a taxi for dinner, this will be about $20 each way from the high rise hotels. Passions would be closer.

You shouldn't have any problems booking a tour when you arrive. What type of tour are you planning? You have jeeps, atvs, horseback, taxi driver tours, lots of options. Make sure to give yourself a day near the beginning and near the end where you are just relaxing and taking in the beach!

Edit: Just saw you want an atv tour, take a look at the DePalma utv tour, you can sit next to each other and talk about what you are seeing. If you don't mind an early rise, the Arias Sunrise Tour is another option. if you Google it y ou will find their website easily. Cindyo has been and really raved about it, we are going later this year.
    Thank you very much. We definitely plan on just enjoying the beach our first and last day there. I'd like to see the natural side of the island and haven't been on an ATV in years so i'll definitely check out the Arias Sunrise Tour.

We're staying at the Hyatt so not sure how expensive that'll be to get to Barefoot but that definitely looks like an amazing place haha

Reading your post I was thinking about the Black Pearl. Glad you booked it!! It's loads of fun and relaxing. Don't try to do everything in one trip. Trust me you will be back for more trips. If you are thinking of an ATV tour I would definitely prebook. We just got back 5 days ago and we didn't have any problems dining without a reservation. An exception to that would be Madame Janette or possibly West Deck or Quinta DelCarmen. So if you have your heart set on a certain restaurant I would make a reservation. Barefoot and Passions are both popular for beach dining. Don't forget to post trip reports when you can!

Hyatt is in the high rise, so about $20 each way to barefoot. I'm on my phone now so I can't put a link, but search taxi fares and a list should come up. We generally take taxis for half of our dinners and do the other as walkable places. I budget about $250 for all of our taxi needs for a week, including airport trips, grocery store and dinners. From the Hyatt you will have plenty of walkable choices on the street side.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Reading your post I was thinking about the Black Pearl. Glad you booked it!! It's loads of fun and relaxing. Don't try to do everything in one trip. Trust me you will be back for more trips. If you are thinking of an ATV tour I would definitely prebook. We just got back 5 days ago and we didn't have any problems dining without a reservation. An exception to that would be Madame Janette or possibly West Deck or Quinta DelCarmen. So if you have your heart set on a certain restaurant I would make a reservation. Barefoot and Passions are both popular for beach dining. Don't forget to post trip reports when you can!
    Booked the Black Pearl thanks to you guys a few months ago when you said it went fast lol. Thanks again for the tip. We definitely want to do a tour one day while we are there and that sunrise tour looks amazing so hopefully we can get in on that

Definitely have loads of beach time planned. We are so excited!

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.aruba.com/sigma/Aruba_Taxi_Fares.pdf
    here is the taxi fare link

safe and easy and FUN vacation in Aruba

we are here now and it is glorious

Aruba since 1979
    hint:
    for the atv or utv tour wear clothes that you do not mind getting as filthy beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hint:
    for the atv or utv tour wear clothes that you do not mind getting as filthy beyond belief.
    Haha, thanks for the heads up. We are pretty light packers and don't mind getting a little dirty. Saturday can't come fast enough

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I'm so excited for you and your first visit. Be prepared to fall in love with ARUBA!!!! If you think it is going to be a hard week before your visit, wait until you get home and all you can think about is your next visit (lol) have fun and hope you let us all know how much fun you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast