Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.
  • 1 Post By BillStellaR
  • 1 Post By sugar

Thread: Our Member "SUGAR"

Aruba since 1979

Our Member "SUGAR"

Paul and I are honored to call her our friend.

The ARF Aruba group is wonderful.

check out the article on our forum member "sugar".

someday she will get to enjoy a full day at the beach with a frozen cocktail in her hand..........but not while the animals of aruba need assistance.

Andrea, thanks for posting. I was just getting around to it but you beat me to it.

Sweet!! She is a ROCK STAR!!! what a great thing she is doing!!!

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    What a wonderful organization!

I remember the first time I was on the island. I was at Baby Beach with my family and a mangy, dirty dog just covered in ticks came over to our beach chairs. He was so sweet. We never felt threatened by him so we fed him goldfish crackers and gave him some water.

My heart just sank for him because I am a HUGE animal lover and rescuer. We named him "Blue" after a lovable character in the at that time popular movie "Old School".

My husband and I have talked about bringing a rescue home from Aruba one day. Right now we are in a condo with two rambuncious cats, a rescued beagle & a near 1 yr old room at the inn! Working towards a house of our own so an Aruban Rescue may be in our future!

Now every time I go back, I think of Blue and wonder what had become of him. I so wish I new of this organization back then.

This is a great story! Reminds me of the "Potcake" organization my wife and I saw in the Turks & Caicos. We were so tempted to volunteer to take an animal back to the states but we were on our honeymoon. If we didn't already have two dogs, we'd think about taking one back.
    Aruba here we come!

Any Aruba beach...
    I remember Bambi well! God bless Sugar.

I am still not sure how this article ended up in the Aruba paper, but just wanted to comment. ARF-aruba is a network of many, many supporters. We could not accomplish anything without our board members, who work very hard at their different roles. Stella is a hugh help on the island and when she is in Canada, keeps the secretarial duties organized. I am very unorganized..couldn't do her job.
    We also have a great network of volunteers in many different areas and fosters across the U.S. and in Aruba. Of course, we couldn't help so many animals without the generous donations.
    Our most rewarding time is when one of our dogs, puppies, cats and kittens are adopted into loving, forever homes.

Thank you to everyone who has supported ARF-aruba!