Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

owl on eagle beach

yes there is an owl on Eagle Beach
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-19-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: fixed javascript so photos would open

That's odd to see them on the beach. Usually I spot them further in the cunucu. Here's a short video I made of a pair.

http://bentpage.wordpress.com/2009/0...urrowing-owls/

bon dia.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

How AWESOME! The Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia) locally known as the choco is endangered. He may have been eating bugs out of the sand

You many want to report this to Jeff at Birds of Aruba

I used to see these guys every morning (every year) on my walk along Eagle Beach. They were always hanging out by an old abandoned beach club near MVC across the street from the beach. They were in the process of demolishing this old club for another new condo development - my hubby and I always talked about how we should stop the development with a "save the owls" protest. LOL!!

This is another photo I took a long time ago at one that we would see every day at LaCabana at the edge of their beach toward Amsterdam Manor. I didn't have a "zoom" camera at that time but you can see him on the right side of photo on the cement:

Last edited by ~Amy~; 11-19-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Aruba since 1979
    those are my favorite!!!
    we have been seeing less and less of these little beauties over the years.

those damn boas are making these owls and other wonderful little creatures scarce.

there were also thousands of those little owls living in the area where the marriott surf was built and where the new malls were built. so, due to development or as some say overdevelopment, the wonderful little creatures suffer.

A close-up of my morning friend...sitting on the sales office of the condo development. By the looks of his "markings" he left you can tell what he thought of the new development. LOL!!

~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    AWESOME! They are such beautiful creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    those damn boas are making these owls and other wonderful little creatures scarce.

there were also thousands of those little owls living in the area where the marriott surf was built and where the new malls were built. so, due to development or as some say overdevelopment, the wonderful little creatures suffer.
    I was slightly relieved to see this "birders" report, and near the Marriott no less,
    http://www.arubabirds.com/tripsBirdReports/arubabirds_JohnGalluzoSept2010.htm

Burrowing Owl at Tamarijn

Hi All,
    Was delighted to see one of these guys most nights while walking along the Tam boardwalk. Proved a little skittish and difficult to photograph in the dark. Attached photo is the best I could manage.
    Pete.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails owl on eagle beach-p1040306.jpg  

Again, thanks for posting.

Arrow What An Awesome Gift From Mother Nature

"Aruba Birdlife Conservation is making a plea in this film for the Burrowing Owl, our 'Shoco' to become Aruba's National Bird.

Bird Wildlife is still not protected in Aruba. This is an effort to start the conservation of Aruba's bird wildlife. You can help make a difference."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtkOXq5p2O0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast