Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Packing

Packing

Well just spent the last few hours ironing my hubbies clothes for our trip to Aruba. Never know how much to take. I did mine last weekend and although we are only going for two weeks , I feel I have enough clothes for a month. Anybody else out there in the same boat, ironing and packing today ready for flying out to Aruba on Friday ?

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, where we stay for 2 weeks has a washer/dryer so I pack for one week and recycle for the next week. I also use the travel space bags so its a breeze. I do bring a steamer with me even though they have an ironing board & iron.

Aruba since 1979
    i find the most annoying part of packing the rearranging of toiletry bags.
    i would love to be able to combine and bring one for my husband and i to share.

We take far too much to be able to combine the two

Aruba since 1979
    so do we and lots of our stuff is totally unnecessary.
    i do however have as a goal to make a travel toiletry bag.
    maybe by May of 14......when we head off to aruba again

safe and fun travels theresa!

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    We take far too much to be able to combine the two

Thankyou Andrea

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I wish we were in the same boat as far as leaving for Aruba this week, it is almost 3 months though, getting there :-) slowing but surely! I used to iron for hours but would always open my bags to wrinkles so no longer iron until I get there and hope for the best, meaning not having to iron everything. I know people think I'm crazy for ironing but I love ironing and hate wrinkles so don't mind taking an hour or so out of my week to do so. I was better last year with packing less clothes and my goal each new trip is to bring less and less. Anyway, happy packing and have A WONDERFUL, FUN AND SAFE TRIP!!!!!!

To avoid wrinkles, roll your clothes instead of folding them.

Not only will you avoid wrinkles, but it is a spacer saver. The folded clothes will take up more room than rolled clothes.

If you are REALLY worried about wrinkles, before you roll say a men's shirt, lay a piece of dry cleaner's plastic over the item before you start to roll. The plastic too helps to avoid wrinkles.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 08-25-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    To avoid wrinkles, roll your clothes instead of folding them.

Not only will you avoid wrinkles, but it is a spacer saver. The folded clothes will take up more room than rolled clothes.

If you are REALLY worried about wrinkles, before you roll say a men's shirt, lay a piece of dry cleaner's plastic over the item before you start to roll. The plastic too helps to avoid wrinkles.
    Thanks for the tip Lisa, going away next weekend will try this and see how it goes. Makes sense that it would take up less room for sure :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks for the tip Lisa, going away next weekend will try this and see how it goes. Makes sense that it would take up less room for sure :-)
    Dh refused to believe me so we had a "pack off".

He packed the suitcase with the tops and bottoms folded.

We took everything out and I instead rolled them to compare and sure enough the clothes took up less room and I proved my point!

So now I am curious... Do you pack your toiletry bag in your suitcase or carry-on?

We used to put it into our carry-on, but with the TSA 3-1-1 rule constraints we cannot be bothered and just put the toiletry bag into our checked suitcase. Any liquids or creams I put into small ziplocs. So far so good on that and only once a small leak of hair conditioner which was contained inside the ziploc.

For travel to Aruba the sunscreen gets packed separately from the toiletry bag because it would never all fit into the bag.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast