Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Packing

Thank you Divi divi fan. Enjoy your weekend away.

Aruba since 1979
    I pack toiletry as carry on but liquids and such that do not meet tsa rules goes in checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Dh refused to believe me so we had a "pack off".

He packed the suitcase with the tops and bottoms folded.

We took everything out and I instead rolled them to compare and sure enough the clothes took up less room and I proved my point!

So now I am curious... Do you pack your toiletry bag in your suitcase or carry-on?

We used to put it into our carry-on, but with the TSA 3-1-1 rule constraints we cannot be bothered and just put the toiletry bag into our checked suitcase. Any liquids or creams I put into small ziplocs. So far so good on that and only once a small leak of hair conditioner which was contained inside the ziploc.

For travel to Aruba the sunscreen gets packed separately from the toiletry bag because it would never all fit into the bag.

When travelling from England. All liquids have to be packed in main suitcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I pack toiletry as carry on but liquids and such that do not meet tsa rules goes in checked.
    Yeah we had started doing that but finally said the heck with it. If we had to pack the stuff separately may as well just put it all in the suitcase. We have a nice big toiletry bag with lots of pockets for the 3 of us which has a hanger and goes on the towel rack or hook in the bathroom once at the hotel.

I keep some items such as my mini first aid kit and sewing kit in the toiletry kit all of the time. Packing is easier though since I can hang it in our bathroom at home and pack other things as I think of them.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I used to carry on my toiletry bag before the new liquid rules. Now I have a bag similar to Lisa with lots of pockets etc. It really takes up a lot of space in my checked bag but what can you do. I really need to downsize this bag as well too many creams and other stuff. I really should learn to use the soaps and shampoos at the hotel, guess this is where I am a bit "high maintenance" as my DH loves to remind me at my age though my poor skin needs all the help it can get to avoid wrinkles

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Yeah we had started doing that but finally said the heck with it. If we had to pack the stuff separately may as well just put it all in the suitcase. We have a nice big toiletry bag with lots of pockets for the 3 of us which has a hanger and goes on the towel rack or hook in the bathroom once at the hotel.

I keep some items such as my mini first aid kit and sewing kit in the toiletry kit all of the time. Packing is easier though since I can hang it in our bathroom at home and pack other things as I think of them.
    I use the same type of hanging toiletry bag and always pack it in my checked luggage. When I get to the hotel I just hang it up in the bathroom and take stuff out of it as I need it. It's really handy for all of our travel - especially when a hotel bathroom doesn't have alot of counter space.

I find I don't need to iron too much in Aruba. If it's wrinkled I just hang it up and it seems like the humidity just takes the wrinkles right out of most things within a day or so.

I am currently packing for Italy (leave on Thurs.).....packing for Aruba is soooooooo much easier. If you only gave me 15 minutes to pack for Aruba, I think I could do it. LOL!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Amy I seem to take far too much even though it is Aruba. Shorts and tops for day plus beach dresses. Dresses for evenings and of course shoes shoes shoes

Aruba since 1979
    how many shoes do you bring?
    i wear my birkenstocks to aruba and pack sneakers and a pair of dressier sandals.

but, who am i to question shoes ?

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    Amy I seem to take far too much even though it is Aruba. Shorts and tops for day plus beach dresses. Dresses for evenings and of course shoes shoes shoes

About 4 pairs of sandals and flipflops

Aruba since 1979
    With embarrassment I admit to bringing at least 5 handbags hahaha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast