Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Packing

Aruba since 1979

Nice article Andrea, evryone can use one of those tips I'm sure. But remember the unwritten, but probably should be written, rule for packing for Aruba: "take half the clothes you think you need and twice the money you think you need" and you will have a wonderful trip. It works for me every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    In Aruba or at home? If at home, dress in layers and leave them in the car when you park it.
    I usually bring a light sweater in case the air conditioning is too much in one of the restaurants.
    In December, most if not all of our dinners will be outdoors. If I even take a sweater it would be to wear on the plane.

DEFINITELY separate bag and leave it in the car. Just save room for the toiletry bag in your suitcase or carry-on. Are you even taking a suitcase or just a carry-on?

I am down to one pair of shorts with a matching shirt in case we drive around the island one day and an outfit to wear on the plane home.
    The rest of our days are spent on the beach so I bring 4 bathing suits for 12 nights and as many cover ups as I own. Sundresses for at night.

Shoes? Sneakers worn on the plane because they are the heaviest and most comfortable for walking Hartsfield. One pair of shoes for the beach and one pair of sandals for night time to go with my sundresses, so three total.

I was referring to Aruba. I don't remember wearing long sleeves/pants the last time, but my luck, there will be a cold front or something.

We are checking bags and taking carry ons. lol We did last time for 7 nights so I just figured we would this time for 5 nights. Flying first class so there are no extra fees for baggage. If there were, I would probably consider trying to just do the carry on.

I don't even think I took sneakers the last time...We plan to plant our butts on the beach, drink in hand, for the majority of the time there. Doing the KK bus one night, but other than that, not much else planned and I'm really looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    I mean what if it's cold, raining,
    Quote Originally Posted by brph26 View Post
    I don't remember wearing long sleeves/pants the last time, but my luck, there will be a cold front or something.
    I just looked up the record low for the month of September and it was 72 F. The AVERAGE low temperature is 80 F. so I would not give a second thought to being cold or cold fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I just looked up the record low for the month of September and it was 72 F. The AVERAGE low temperature is 80 F. so I would not give a second thought to being cold or cold fronts.

You guys are awesome! It never even crossed my mind yet to look up the weather there!

I am not always the most optimistic person when it comes to things, so I always think the worst. lol I need to stop that

I check this site almost daily. I don't know why because it doesn't change that much day to day. But it makes me feel closer.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/aw/noord-cura-cabai/12044/daily-weather-forecast/12044?day=2

WooHoo! Predicted low of 80 every day we are to be there! Makes me smile!!

Lows 81 F. - 82 F. and highs 92 F. - 93 F. and heat index 99 F. - 100 F. Always spot on.
    I use the local forecast from Aruba's own Meteorological Service
    http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php

my wife packs 4 suitcases and 2 carry on for our stays.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    When preparing for a trip I like to start "packing" two weeks in advance, if possible. However, I can also be very fast if needed. Last year, I went to Miama Beach on a last minute decision and within three days, I booked a flight, booked a hotel, made all preparation at home so that I could be one week away and packed my suitcase, even bought a few presents.

But, if I have the time, I like the anticipation of an upcoming vacation, use the guest bedroom to lay out clothes and outfits that I possibly take on the trip, get the suitcase, tote bag, shoes, presents etc, etc ready. Slowly, more and more things are piling up in that guest bedroom. And when I think I have all the things together which I will take (I tend to take too many clothes), I do a "test packing" to see how heavy my suitcase will be and get rid of the things which are not really necessary.

I also like my lists:
    Whenever I remember something I want to take with me but don't have the time to put it in the guest bedroom, I add it to my list so I don't forget it later on. Like my Aruba map. Or some CDs I wanted to buy in a store and bring along. Or some cookies to munch on during the trip. Or toiletries I would use until the last minute. Or an alarm clock.

Having everything in place well ahead makes me feel much calmer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast