Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Packing food for the airplane

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.

Packing food for the airplane

I can't seem to find the answer to this on TSA or the airline website. I would like to pack sandwiches to eat on the plane. I know that you cannot take fresh fruits and vegetables into another country, but can I have lettuce and tomato on a sandwich that I will consume on the airplane?

Aruba since 1979
    Yes if u are heading from USA to Aruba
    No if it is Aruba to USA =No fruits or veggies or cold cuts allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    I can't seem to find the answer to this on TSA or the airline website. I would like to pack sandwiches to eat on the plane. I know that you cannot take fresh fruits and vegetables into another country, but can I have lettuce and tomato on a sandwich that I will consume on the airplane?

When traveling TO Aruba, unless we are flying 1st class (rarely), bring sandwiches and snacks and pack them in our carry on. Never had a problem.
    We purchase soda and/or bottled water AFTER TSA security (no liquids through security) and carry them on as well.

We do the same. After TSA at home, buy sandwiches and water to take on the plane. DW also has various snacks to keep me happy until we arrive.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Thank you, everyone!

If you buy food AFTER you pass security then you will be okay. If you go through security you might have a problem. I was going to Orlando last year and had packed some small items to eat on the plane. Guess what......they would not let me go through with 2 sealed containers of yogurt even though the containers were SEALED. The agent took it from my bag and DROPPED one to the floor......yogurt all over need I say more?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

yup.......yogurt is a liquid and not allowed to go from outside the secure area to inside the secure area.
    dropped it to the floor huh? not good

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce72333 View Post
    If you buy food AFTER you pass security then you will be okay. If you go through security you might have a problem. I was going to Orlando last year and had packed some small items to eat on the plane. Guess what......they would not let me go through with 2 sealed containers of yogurt even though the containers were SEALED. The agent took it from my bag and DROPPED one to the floor......yogurt all over need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce72333 View Post

I'm hoping it was an accident! That doesn't sound too smart!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

The stole my packaged cold cuts leaving Aruba to the USA due to the fact that it was not labeled USDA inspected.

Aruba confiscated a Subway sandwich we were trying to take for the flight home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast