Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Parking "Booting"

There has to be more clear signage
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I wish the car rental companies would get more explicit about the parking situation - it might save a lot of tourists a lot of hassles.
    I was given the attached flier from National when I rented a car from them last month. Not sure if the other companies are doing the same. The brochure was pretty clear about the parking.

Parking "Booting"-aruba-parking-flier.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I was given the attached flier from National when I rented a car from them last month. Not sure if the other companies are doing the same. The brochure was pretty clear about the parking.
    That's excellent. Good for National and thanks for sharing, Retagger.

Well that's quite clear.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    They certainly seem to have stocked up on the boots because they are all over. They also had brand new tow trucks shipped in for the new laws. Then there are the meters and pay booths. I wonder how long it will take them to pay off the initial cost of all the equipment they had to buy plus the cost of marking the spaces. then there is the ongoing cost of the enforcement officers and office staff. What kind of net revenue will they be looking at down the road with this initial and ongoing cost. Will it be enough to compensate for the lost income at downtown businesses and hard feelings of tourists and citizens?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I have a hard time believing that people renting a car are not being given this info.
    This has got to be the most aggravating thing a visitor had to face.
    How can this possibly be a warning?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parking "Booting"-image.jpg   Parking "Booting"-image.jpg  

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    I do know one thing. We always rent a car on our trips and we will no longer be going downtown or shopping anywhere that requires paid parking. We have nothing against paying for parking but since we are not familiar with the rules or the language, we simply will not take a chance on getting booted. If you got a ticket for over parking, that is easily taken care of but getting booted for failing to pay an additional 2 florins on time is ridiculous, unnecessary, time consuming and expensive. Not something you want to happen on vacation anywhere. There are enough expenses and added aggravation for the flying public already without the addition of getting booted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aruba Parking Flier.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	4716
    Hertz gave a verbal notification which was adequate for me, but I'm certain not for all tourists.

Doesn't matter, Aruba blew it on this one. WRONG, not the ticketing, the booting. Someone should be tarred and feathered on this one.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba will not make money with these new fines/boots...it will not be profitable and will actually be a net loss IMO for a number of reasons. That said, it won't effect me because I don't rent any autos at this point. It will effect that poor visitor that was so excited about being on the island.

That is some warning Cindy, lol.

We rented from Budget for a day and I don't remember any information being given to us regarding the meters. Maybe it was because we were getting a jeep, or maybe they said it, but I don't remember anything at all about it. Had it not been for the forum we wouldn't have known about parking meters.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast