Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Parking "Booting"

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    I was given the attached flier from National when I rented a car from them last month. Not sure if the other companies are doing the same. The brochure was pretty clear about the parking.

Attachment 4716
    This flyer says you will be ticketed. It does not say your car will be booted and you will have to pay $75 to get it off. They could have made more money by just selling an unlimited weekly mandatory parking sticker for your rental car at the rental car agency for say $1 a day. Would not have needed boots, tow trucks, enforcement officer or anything else. Locals could buy stickers at whatever rate the government wanted to charge the locals. Then they would have your money in advance whether you used the parking or not. Only local vehicles would need to be ticketed for not buying a parking sticker. No boots or tow trucks needed because they would have the owners info on file and could just pull his tag until he paid up.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Here's their FB page

Tried to write on their page but couldn't.
    https://www.facebook.com/Aruparking/

sent them an email... Stay tuned

A few things are ticking me off right now with this agency.....
    1. Warning = boot. Websters definition of a warning is a lot different than Aruba's
    2. FB page is is Papiamento . Guess what WE ALL CANT READ IT!!
    3.Handicap people have to pay too...let's
    make life more difficult for them, right???
    4. Let's drive business right out of down town with zero leeway. Your ticket expires and there is no grace period.... BAM HERES YOUR BOOT. Jesh be kind 15 minutes wouldn't kill them.

ok I'm off my pulpit
    Last edited by cindyo; 01-15-2016 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    ok I'm off my pulpit
    I'm not off of mine. I would like to take one of those boots and stick it on the head of whomever's decision it was to put boots on cars of tourists, one side of the boot on each ear. Make this person walk downtown with the boot on for one day.

Or, better yet, change the policy. You want to fine a tourist, OK by me....just no boot. Fine payable to rental company who gets billed by parking enforcement.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I know after the New Year there was so much red paper from the fireworks, it was over all the numbers so if you didn't know anything about it, you got the BOOT!!! Also a lot of numbers are already so faded, you can't read the number. They better get the painting crews busy again!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I was thinking since this forum is run by the Tourism Board Authority, perhaps they could have a meeting with the powers that be & explain the concerns and try to tweek the problems. There are a lot of great suggestions here. My favorite is the suggestion by Arubabob. Those of us who rent cars wouldn't mind at all. It's minimal & no headaches. I speak for tourists, not residents

I'm wondering do they put the warning sticker then circle back in say an hour or so then put the boot? I can't figure out any other reason the sticker would say warning. I agree with other posters, add a fee to the rental car, so much easier than dealing with meters or a boot. We only rent for a day, or I could see 2 at the most and would never park downtown but I wouldn't mind a $1-2 a day fee just to be done with it.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Boot and warning go together...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Boot and warning go together...
    Well that's just ridiculous
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Maybe the best way to combat this is to 1) write to the tourism minister and 2) contact the rental car company head offices.

Anything that jeopardizes tourist and rental revenue is going to be paid attention to.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I would think that a lot of first time visitors wouldn't return if their car got booted and they had to go through all of this hassle to get the boot removed and pay the fine. I can't believe that the govt. ever agreed to such an extreme idea. We are renting a car for a few days on our next trip (first time we've done that). I'll try to remember if the rental co. mentions the booting situation to us. We'll only be going downtown by bus or cab.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast