Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Parking "Booting"

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Interesting question... Do you live on the island? Own?

i feel like you're defending this lovely parking since you CAN find a space. Maybe if you had gotten booted your defending it would change. This is not an attack so don't think it is.😀

The formative stages are gone. This mess is in full swing.

I did contact AHATA, Tourism bureau and Aruparking. I have not heard back.

I urge you all to check out ARUPARKING FB page. It's in Papiamento. Aruba Lisa found it.
    It's full of info, well.... If you could read it

BOTTOM LINE.... They need to educate tourists.( I'm sure they don't want me to do it).
    There are many ways to do that.
    Signage in airports,government flyer glued in rental cars on visors, hotel check- in flyers, pre-paid parking cards, ads in newspapers, etc. Oh wait..... They want the money, so they won't be doing this.

Somebody is making money!!!!!

QUOTE=ccsuwxman11;289446]I have to say this about the new parking policy...

Right now, it's in its formative stages. One can only hope that the system will be refined and become more tourist-friendly once the government figures out what works vs. what gets people into a rage.[/QUOTE] THAT SHIP HAS SAILED... ITS IN FULL FORCE

Before I read any other posts let me say gabby I am sorry your car got broken into. That said, I don't think you got robbed, unless I am reading it wrong, your car got broken into, right? That still su... I am not pretending crime does not exist...it certainly does, just like everywhere else as you your point suggests.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-16-2016 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Before I read any other posts let me say gabby I am sorry your car got broken into. That said, I don't think you got robbed, unless I am reading it wrong, your car got broken into, right? That still su... I am not pretending crime does not exist...it certainly does, just like everywhere else as you your point suggests.
    You are right. The correct terminology is a "Theft" it is not considered a Robbery. That is a huge difference. One is a crime against property and the other is a crime against a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Retagger View Post
    You are right. The correct terminology is a "Theft" it is not considered a Robbery. That is a huge difference. One is a crime against property and the other is a crime against a person.
    Good point...... I never before differentiated between the two....thanks for enlightening me (really).

So, booting a car is theft of its use and a robbery of vacation time? The perpetrator being the profiteer who is benefitting financially from this?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    No, they stole my purse and then got into the car. And its just semantics Aruba4Ever. As a court reporter for 26 years, the sentence is the same unless a gun is involved, lol...

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    And I think we're getting far away from the topic here. I mentioned a parking sticker and justified it by saying what happened to me. But we don't need to get into a debate about crime as a whole, lol, this is about being booted.

As Cindyo basically said, the parking "issue" needs to be addressed soon or there are going to be alot of angry booted people. As she suggested, informing those that are not members here would at least educate tourists. There are alot of people going to Aruba for years who are not members of this group so of course for years just parked anywhere. They will be the ones that are hurt by this when they see their car booted and say "what the ????" We are lucky, we are on this forum who are informed of all changes good or bad in aruba. but there are alot of repeat people who are not informed.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I'm going to make a blanket statement here while I drink my coffee and eat my stroop waffle....

This truck has to be paid for some how. If you're booted consider it a partial payment on this truck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parking "Booting"-image.jpeg  

Adding a cordless angle grinder to my pack list, a $45 tool that can take off a boot in two minutes. Saw this on the internet.

Could this be my "retirement job, ticket to Aruba"?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I'm going to make a blanket statement here while I drink my coffee and eat my stroop waffle....

This truck has to be paid for some how. If you're booted consider it a partial payment on this truck.
    For some reason I didn't realize the tow trucks were operated by the police. Here at home I'm used to seeing some greasy dude, driving a crappy tow truck removing vehicles. They don't boot too much in Va. Beach, they tow, it pays better. And it will cost you a minimum of $125.00 to get your car out of the impound lot.

since here, they only tow if you have alot of tickets or are parked in a towaway zone. otherwise, just a ticket.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast