Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Parking "Booting"

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    I agree, nowhere here where I live can I go downtown or the beach and NOT pay for parking, they charge 5 bucks an hour at the beach. My kid went to Miami Beach and parked in a no parking zone, no boot, a tow and a $425 charge to get it back. The rental car companies need to make their customers aware that you MUST pay to park downtown. I have no problem paying the little fare they are charging.

Quote Originally Posted by ITIE View Post
    t

Wow, you are all so militant! Why all this fuss with the new parking regulations? I am sure you have to pay for parking in the US as in Europe. Only because you have not paid in the past, it does not mean that it will be so forever. Once we did not have to pay for garbage bins collection by Serlimar and now we do, I am sure every year there are new charges or increases also in the US that you previously did not have, it is a fact of life.

I do not mind pay for parking, actual it is great as I can go into town when I want, sure to find car parking and get all my business done quickly. Before I had to go in way ahead of time to get parking and even then sometime I had to park a long distance from where I wanted to go. So as a resident of this island I am very happy with this new arrangement.

There are a few options open:
    - Accept it,
    - do not accept it and do not go to town and all areas that are going to have pay parking,
    - choose an alternative holiday destination that does not have pay parking,

But please give it a rest!! You only come here for a couple of weeks per year, and you feel the need to tell us residents how to act.... Remember that sometimes shop owners, restaurant staff etc only tell you what you want to hear....

Awaiting now for the barrage!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I have no problem paying for parking, we do it here in the US. I do have a problem with the immediate booting of the car. Seems a bit drastic and "unfriendly". Also, please don't say go somewhere else if we don't like it. That seems kind of "unfriendly". Let's please bear in mind, without tourist dollars, there would be 75% unemployment there.

Itie, I totally respect your opinion. If you're happy, I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ITIE View Post
    t

Wow, you are all so militant! Why all this fuss with the new parking regulations? I am sure you have to pay for parking in the US as in Europe. Only because you have not paid in the past, it does not mean that it will be so forever. Once we did not have to pay for garbage bins collection by Serlimar and now we do, I am sure every year there are new charges or increases also in the US that you previously did not have, it is a fact of life.

I do not mind pay for parking, actual it is great as I can go into town when I want, sure to find car parking and get all my business done quickly. Before I had to go in way ahead of time to get parking and even then sometime I had to park a long distance from where I wanted to go. So as a resident of this island I am very happy with this new arrangement.

There are a few options open:
    - Accept it,
    - do not accept it and do not go to town and all areas that are going to have pay parking,
    - choose an alternative holiday destination that does not have pay parking,

But please give it a rest!! You only come here for a couple of weeks per year, and you feel the need to tell us residents how to act.... Remember that sometimes shop owners, restaurant staff etc only tell you what you want to hear....

Awaiting now for the barrage!

I couldn't agree more. I have been saying this all along. If the rules are followed, there will be no issues. If your car gets a ticket or gets booted, don't blame Aruba for a mistake that you (the driver) made by not following the rules such as parking in a restricted spot or by letting the meter run out. It may seem harsh, but this is reality and the current parking rules of Aruba.

Rest in peace...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    re: awaiting the barrage.......hope it will be civil and respectful.

i see your point.
    we, as non residents really have no say in the policies of aruba, but do have the right to state opinions.
    however, many residents do not share the same opinions as you.

and i agree.....i also want "to give it a rest"

thanks for your thoughts
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Retagger and ITIE....

Its not the fine, it is the booting. Immediate booting for unsuspecting guests. That's not Aruba at its best. It is wrong.

I won't get booted because I won't park there. I won't trust parking in a lot where they boot. One mistake, and a day of vacation is lost. I won't put myself in a position where someone could make a mistake and boot my car. It would be akin to parking in a high crime area.

Also, ITIE, let's be real.....people won't stop going to Aruba because of the boots...but you make it sound as though you don't care if they do. Not exactly a wise position given the economics of tourism in Aruba. Face it, Aruba needs tourism......and we tourists are lucky that we have an Aruba to go to.

Next time I'm in Aruba I'm going to speak with the gentleman who runs the I Love Aruba store.....I think an Aruba tee shirt with a boot on it has some marketing potential.
    Last edited by rob o; 01-24-2016 at 03:32 PM.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Really??
    mil·i·tant

ˈmiləd(ə)nt/
    adjective

noun

a militant person.
      synonyms: activist, extremist, radical, young turk, zealot"the demands of the militants"

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)][/COLOR]
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    Time for the thread to go nite nite.

I am am heading off now to my SDS reunion meeting

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678