Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Parking meters

Parking meters

This happened twice to me this week. I parked the van and paid for my spot. I decided to add more money from another parking meter. You punch in that you want to add money to your spot. After punching in my parking # it said receipt not found. I tried it several times and I did have the right parking space because I had the old ticket in my hand. That really honked me off because twice in 2 different days I had to walk back to the van and move to another spot so I could pay more money so they would not come a put a boot on the van. If this is the case, I think people will shy away from parking down town. I know for me, it was not a great way to start my day.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 47th trip in June 2015 and 48th trip in Nov 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    This happened twice to me this week. I parked the van and paid for my spot. I decided to add more money from another parking meter. You punch in that you want to add money to your spot. After punching in my parking # it said receipt not found. I tried it several times and I did have the right parking space because I had the old ticket in my hand. That really honked me off because twice in 2 different days I had to walk back to the van and move to another spot so I could pay more money so they would not come a put a boot on the van. If this is the case, I think people will shy away from parking down town. I know for me, it was not a great way to start my day.
    I'm with you, Kent, as is virtually everyone other than the select few lining their pockets. Why risk getting a boot due to a mistake? Even if it were to be removed at no cost (never happen), you've lost a day of vacation. One Happy Island.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

That stinks Kent. I'm really sorry that happened to you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

WE left the car behind and took the bus.

The first time we used one of the pay spots in town I was afraid to under-pay for a spot so we put in extra money and figured it was better than getting a ticket or boot or whatever would happen....ended up with an extra 1 and a half on our ticket so when we were getting ready to pull out there was a couple getting ready to pull into a spot beside us...we asked them to wait and take our spot with the ticket we had so they didn't have to pay for a spot.....the next time we ran closer to time and just sucked up the extra..gov't making money from tourists by the bucketfuls !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Pretending I have never been to Aruba, and pretending I am new to the forum...

I used the search function and there are locked threads. I am looking for concise up to date information in plain English.

WHAT is the best way for us newbies to find out about parking on the island of Aruba?
    Where can I park for free?
    Where do I have to pay to park?
    HOW can I pay to park? Does Aruba have parking meters like my hometown?

Thank you in advance from a confused newbie.

There is good information about parking at the following link:

http://aruparking.com/faq/

We found parking downtown very easy but the parking pay stations (meters) are similar to what we've been using in our city for years. The only difference is that we have a parking app now so that we can pay via our smartphone with a credit card and can add on time through the app wherever we are without having to go to a pay station.
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 06-03-2016 at 03:27 PM.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Barcelona, Mallorca, Andorra: Nov. 2016
    Seattle: Dec. 2016
    Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017

I have to say I wasn't sad to see some of the parking threads closed as they were sounding quite negative, just not conducive to planning a vacation on One Happy Island. That said, when you search for parking, the closed threads come up in the search and can be read. My feeling is no information is lost. Not trying to stir things up just saying I enjoy reading the more positive posts.

Aruba since 1979
    that too is my opinion peg.

amy thanks for the aruparking site!
    i am going to make that a sticky in the getting around aruba category. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I have to say I wasn't sad to see some of the parking threads closed as they were sounding quite negative, just not conducive to planning a vacation on One Happy Island. That said, when you search for parking, the closed threads come up in the search and can be read. My feeling is no information is lost. Not trying to stir things up just saying I enjoy reading the more positive posts.
    Well said, Peg. These threads have taken an absurd turn and are counterproductive to promoting the positive aspects of Aruba.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast