Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Parking meters

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we all love aruba but you have to be honest. you have to show all sides. you can't just show the good and not the bad. that's not realistic and it also doesn't help people when they are trying to find all things about a destination. the parking isn't that big an issue. but everyone has the right to know about the good & bad about it and what they should be aware of, what they need, what they should watch out for. And that's true about everything in Aruba AND elsewhere. Otherwise, what's the point of an informative forum.

Aruba since 1979
    Yes and that is why we have the threads and also the sticky thread at the top.

I have gotten numerous reports of annoyance about kicking a dead horse on certain topics.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Well said, Peg. These threads have taken an absurd turn and are counterproductive to promoting the positive aspects of Aruba.
    Sorry, I didn't think that was our job.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the pros and cons of a situation important to our favorite vacation spot. Presenting all aspects of life in Aruba enables potential visitors to make informed decisions about vacationing there.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Sorry, I didn't think that was our job.

I see nothing wrong with discussing the pros and cons of a situation important to our favorite vacation spot. Presenting all aspects of life in Aruba enables potential visitors to make informed decisions about vacationing there.
    Agreed. But also know when to say when. The amount of virulence around paying for parking (and the associated penalties for not paying) was striking the wrong tenor.

Given Aruba's well-known fiscal challenges, how critical should VISITORS be of the island opening up a revenue stream which, frankly, is standard practise in a lot of countries?

My objection is more with the aggressive way they are booting and towing rather than the actual parking cost.

The discussion about the impact of paid parking on business downtown is related to the booting/towing as well. I'm on vacation, I don't want to think about having my rental car towed and the rigamarole I'd have to deal with to get it back when I could be at the beach or pool.

We were just on the island for 3 weeks. When we were downtown I saw not a single car or truck with a boot on it. It is their country and it is their right to charge for parking. Get used to it. If you don't want to pay for parking, take a cab or the bus and leave the rental car you're paying for at the resort. Or just stay on the beach...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

I have gotten numerous reports of annoyance about kicking a dead horse on certain topics.

And the reports are continuing....
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I was going not to say anything. But here it goes:

I'm kind of surprised and shocked about the reaction after I posted a simple update about parking, a new option which is an improvement and which makes it easier for some.

My point of view:

There are threads which are not to my liking as well. But it never crossed my mind to complain about it. If I'm not interested, I don't read them and just ignore them. Simple as that.

Over time, I have as well seen some rude responses directed at me. And again: I chose not to complain about it to any moderator ever! I just ignore that person. IMO, there is no need to bother a moderator and make their lives more difficult and to create more tension.

Aruba since 1979
    If you had seen rudeness directed at you or any forum member you need to hit the "report button" and this goes for all, not just CK.

Jacki and I try to be diligent and thorough and have not noticed rudeness towards you CK, from other members.
    Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I was going not to say anything. But here it goes:

I'm kind of surprised and shocked about the reaction after I posted a simple update about parking, a new option which is an improvement and which makes it easier for some.

My point of view:

There are threads which are not to my liking as well. But it never crossed my mind to complain about it. If I'm not interested, I don't read them and just ignore them. Simple as that.

Over time, I have as well seen some rude responses directed at me. And again: I chose not to complain about it to any moderator ever! I just ignore that person. IMO, there is no need to bother a moderator and make their lives more difficult and to create more tension.

CK1 is a wealth of information. I often read and think, boy this member is great to have around. We'd certainly hate to see this person go away. Just our two cents.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast