Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Parking meters

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Oh, Thank You, Schexc. I'm really touched and humbled.

CK1
    Andrea, the rudeness was not recently, it's a while back. But as I mentioned, it's not really my style to complain about anyone.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Well CK, we sure do appreciate all the info you find out. You're like a little google worker only better because google gives you the runaround. Anyway, who cares if someone complains, your info is great. if they don't like what you have to say, they can put you on the ignore list, best invention ever.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Agreed. But also know when to say when. The amount of virulence around paying for parking (and the associated penalties for not paying) was striking the wrong tenor.

Given Aruba's well-known fiscal challenges, how critical should VISITORS be of the island opening up a revenue stream which, frankly, is standard practise in a lot of countries?
    I have never seen a car booted for over parking in the U S and the only time they get towed is when they park in a marked no parking or will be towed area. It is overkill and in the long run does not generate any income for the community other than paying for more police to operate the system. It could even end up costing more than it brings in. They could easily charge the parking as a fee on rental cars for tourist without having to hire anyone or even mark parking spots.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    ck1 is a wealth of information. I often read and think, boy this member is great to have around. We'd certainly hate to see this person go away. Just our two cents.

ditto

Can you use quarters.... if so I will just get a roll of quarters and leave them in my glove dept.
    Or will just leave the change in the glove dept. knowing that at least there will be the funds in there.

Aruba since 1979
    check out the FAQ in this thread

Aruba Parking/Paid/Metered FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Can you use quarters.... if so I will just get a roll of quarters and leave them in my glove dept.
    Or will just leave the change in the glove dept. knowing that at least there will be the funds in there.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Yes, you could use quarters. But Aruba has as well 1 Florin and 2 1/2 Florin coins (even 5 Florin coins). I would suggest to get rather 1 Florin coins. Goes easier with their rates, IMO.

What are the parking rates?

The first 1 hour and 30 minutes are 2,00 AWG. Each 30 minutes after that is 1,00AWG.
    Last edited by CK1; 06-06-2016 at 05:03 PM. Reason: To correct info

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    when i was there in december I tried to put US coins in but it wouldn't take it. I hope they fixed that. of course I couldn't get the machine to do anything but a young local woman saw my troubles, came over & did it for me with aruban coins. lol...

Bradybear, that's what I did. I had a little change purse and kept coins in there. I had the dollar florins in there. Of course when they robbed us, they went in the car and that's the only money they got, 4 one dollar florins, lol. serves them right. but that's what I intend to do this time, too. Its very convenient to bring a cheap little change purse, throw your excess florins in there. this way if you decide last minute to run downtown or even elsewhere because the road from high rise to downtown that has those stores on the street there, they use paid parking too. just keep them in glove compartment and you won't worry about running out. And if you're not sure of how long you'll be, throw in extra. its not like you are going to use those florin at home so who cares.

CK1
    Aruparking is changing their rules and regulations often. In the beginning, they accepted US coins, however, NOT anymore.

I just saw an article in Noticia.com with a clear picture of a parking meter with the following info:

Accepts:
    Aruban Currency 0.5 - 0.10 - 0.25 - 1.00 & 5.00 Coins only
    and contactless Aruparking Card

Rate:
    Aruban Currency 2.00 per hour
    Minimum Purchase 2.00

Some more info at link:
    http://static.noticiacla.com/img_1464908417_766.jpg

Picture copies from this link:
    http://www.noticiacla.com/news/6150

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast