Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Parking meters

Paid parking and fines = more cops

Everybody needs some cheddar!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Paid parking and fines = more cops

Everybody needs some cheddar!
    Great point. If not the boot, then another tourist tax. I think most of us value our safety enough to add on a few dollars a day, right?

Aruba since 1979
    they are not using police to boot cars and write parking tickets.

Great to know. People should be able to follow the rules..we all know parking is not free in most places, especially a downtown area. That said, they could figure out a better system. A direct bill to the car rental agency via email and its added on as a bill/deducted from the security deposit. Reward the car agency $5-10 for the service fee for sending in the payments....problem solved, no boots, and we get more officers?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    they are not using police to boot cars and write parking tickets.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Can someone please tell me the parking meter rates per hour in US currency. I looked on their website but its obviously not up to date since it says meters until 7pm. I want to be sure i have enough quarters, taking a friend downtown for shopping

From aruparking.com:

What are the parking rates?
    The first 2 hours are 2,00 AWG. Each 30 minutes after that is 1,00AWG. Minimum purchase is 15 minutes for 0,50AWG
    Special Saturday Rate: First 3 hours are 2,00 AWG.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

jaw
    Parked downtown on 11/17 and paid for 2 hrs. When I tried to add to the space at two other kiosks it said my ticket had expired well before the two hours was up. Because I did not want to get a ticket, I ask a local and he said that the 'white' numbered spaces are now free. The 'yellow' numbered spaces are the ones that you need to pay. I assume there has been a recent change in the parking policies.

Of course, you should check with someone before assuming that you don't have to pay for a space.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    On our rental form for the car, it says not to park in the yellow spaces, only the white

Vacations by aruba (Angelo), did the whoke procedure updated on Oct 2017. I tried to copy & paste but it wouldn't do it. I will do it when I get home. Went downtown, no problems. The weird thing is I put $3.00 in quarters and it was a liitle after 10:00 and I was good till 3:00. So you get alot of time for your bucks. There were alot of empty stores downtown on that back street.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789