Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Parking..payments, boots etc.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Parking..payments, boots etc.

Don't mean to beat a dead horse topic, posting as merely awareness points

So they aren't screwing around with parking. Saw several cars with boots on downtown. Beautiful big brand new tow trucks out in force.

Marina parking lot 3/4 empty most days. Employees at Ren are still up in arm as no accommodations were made for them. Most live in San Nicolas and finding parking has been nightmarish.

just posting some pictures, probably will be upside down again.... Sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Parking..payments, boots etc.-image.jpg   Parking..payments, boots etc.-image.jpg   Parking..payments, boots etc.-image.jpg  

Rotated:
    Parking..payments, boots etc.-parking-lot.jpgParking..payments, boots etc.-directions.jpgParking..payments, boots etc.-meter.jpg
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

We parked on the street just outside of Wilhelmina's last night - it was after 7:00 pm. Everyone assured us that it's free. No issues. I think we'll just take cabs downtown now though. It was a bit confusing about whether we were to pay or not.

You do not have to pay for parking after 7pm or on Sundays

Still trying to comprehend why they feel it necessary to post like this on Facebook....

"Aruparking feeling determined
    Aruparking feeling excited
    Aruparking feeling fabulous"

Yeah, they are feeling determined to drive away tourists?
    They are feeling excited because they have money coming in from gouging tourists with fines?
    They are feeling fabulous because they are ??? I don't know, laughing at tourists?

This woman was not laughing, posted by Casa Del Mar on Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/milla.dirks...type=2&theater

It is what it is. Just like any major parking area in Jersey/NYC - these are the same machines they have down the shore now. Maybe determined, excited & fabulous to create revenue and jobs for residents. Maybe determined, excited & fabulous to have jobs and do those jobs with the passion most of the locals I have met have for their jobs. We should not be taking this new parking situation so personally. It's not targeting tourists - it's for anyone parking. Thankfully it's not very expensive. Going into NYC you have to expect to pay $45-50 at any garage - it just is what it is.

From the looks of that lot in the video, hopefully they will use this new revenue to make some needed repairs to the asphalt and it sounds like some improved signage.
    We lived close to a city and I hated all things parking related, especially the rates. But as Jacki said, it is what it is. We have a choice to pay I or not. We have only taken taxis downtown and will continue that trend, I'm sure.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    agree what jacki and tracey say about being it is what it is.
    those that are unhappy with it, locals and tourists alike can choose other options...taxi, bus, etc

we all can control to a certaint extent of how we spend our money.
    the aruba gvmt, (those that implemented the metered parking) may be looking at a giant backfire.

i hate to see the downtown merchants suffering a financial loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    From the looks of that lot in the video, hopefully they will use this new revenue to make some needed repairs to the asphalt and it sounds like some improved signage.
    We lived close to a city and I hated all things parking related, especially the rates. But as Jacki said, it is what it is. We have a choice to pay I or not. We have only taken taxis downtown and will continue that trend, I'm sure.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It is what it is and I'll just say it: STUPID!

It makes more people unhappy than it makes them happy. The tourists don't like it and are shocked when they discover a boot has been attached to their rental car.

The locals suffer the most, IMO. They are already burdened with high income taxes and low salaries. To pay for the parking meter is an additional burden. Busses are not free either. And they are not everywhere available where the locals live. Waiting for a bus in the heat is not fun either.

The businesses downtown suffer as well as less tourists are going there now.

Plus, it cost quite a junk of money to install all those parking meters, have the electronic equipment to control who is 15 min late. Plus all those tow trucks and boots. Plus the salary for the employees.

IMO, a very bad idea.

I hope the government reconsiders their decision. Or, at least, adjusts by getting rid of the boots.

OK, off my soapbox...
    Last edited by CK1; 11-05-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Again the dead "blue" horse rears its ugly head. I don't know about the laws in Aruba, but here where I live ignorance of the law is no excuse. I sympathize with the lady in the video, but she should have consulted the Aruba.com forum before going to Aruba and driving and parking a rental car at the Seaport. She could have read our countless discussions on the subject. Maybe the rental car companies should be required to start handing out the rules of parking when supplying a car to the uninformed tourist. The rules of the road wouldn't hurt either, no right turn on red, etc...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast