Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Parking..payments, boots etc.

I like the way it is now in the parking lots. There are many open spots. The rules seem simple and the parking machines are easy to use. No more driving in circles searching for a spot. It is only a few dollars and you are guaranteed a great parking spot. For me, it is no big deal.

For as often as we park downtown I could care less about the parking fee. What I do have issue with is their arrogance. "Aruparking feeling determined "

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    You do not have to pay for parking after 7pm or on Sundays
    The instructions on the parking machine (see post #1) indicate "Enforced 24/7".

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I think the parking across the street from the renaissance is til 7 o'clock. the parking by the bus station I think is 24/7. I thought that's what I read somewhere but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    The instructions on the parking machine (see post #1) indicate "Enforced 24/7".
    I also read that the machines take quarters, but that picture doesn't say it. Hmmmm
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    well, even if i go and its after 7, i'm putting coins in the meter. truthfully, we would only go to Pizza n More and the night before we leave to the internet cafe to print boarding passes. but regardless what time it is, i'd put coins in the meter. Truthfully, I do that home, too sometimes. Sometimes you're not sure what the heck the sign is saying and so rather than get a ticket, they don't boot you here in NJ, but regardless, even if it says till 6, I add extra just in case their "clock" is different than mine. I'd rather throw in a few extra quarters or a dollar than get a ticket or in Aruba, a boot or tow.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    It seems there is still some confusion with those Parking meters.

According to their FB site:

Parking Rates:
    Public Parking in Downtown

Hourly Rate: Awg 2,- (two Florins)
    From Monday to Saturday
    7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/Aruparking/...type=3&theater

And:

How to use the Parking Meters:

http://aruparking.com/faq/

That video with the lady who got the boot doesn't show numbers on the parking spots. How do you know your parking number to put in the machine. Also, the sign says one thing, the link CK1 posted at their site says another. We need a tie breaker, lol.

Retagger, when you parked were their numbers on the spots? We usually park across the street from Crystal's by the water. It didn't look like they had numbers.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    That video with the lady who got the boot doesn't show numbers on the parking spots. How do you know your parking number to put in the machine. Also, the sign says one thing, the link CK1 posted at their site says another. We need a tie breaker, lol.

Retagger, when you parked were their numbers on the spots? We usually park across the street from Crystal's by the water. It didn't look like they had numbers.
    Gaby, I believe that video was taken while the parking meters and parking lots were still installed and not finished. Without numbers of the parking lot one can not pay at the parking machine, as it's essential to know the number of the parking lot. I think, by now, they are finished with the work.

Thanks, CK. But it is funny the machines say one thing & the website says another. It's like my cable internet. I call once, get one answer. Call back & get another answer. The third is the tie breaker, lol. I'm just bringing a bunch of florins & sticking them in the machine. We maybe go downtown once or twice so it's no big deal paying. I was just concerned when I saw the video. But if the spots are numbered, no problems.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast