Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Parking..payments, boots etc.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Thanks, CK. But it is funny the machines say one thing & the website says another. It's like my cable internet. I call once, get one answer. Call back & get another answer. The third is the tie breaker, lol. I'm just bringing a bunch of florins & sticking them in the machine. We maybe go downtown once or twice so it's no big deal paying. I was just concerned when I saw the video. But if the spots are numbered, no problems.
    You are welcome, Gaby.
    I think Aruparking was not sure at the beginning about the hours they want to charge for parking. They made several changes.

If you park at your usual parking spot, you should as well see a large, blue, square parking sign. Usually, they write down the times when they charge for parking, like 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

When you get your parking receipt (the little slip from the machine), the time you paid for is written on it. If for any reason you need to add parking time, you can do so at any other parking machine, just take the little parking slip with you where you can as well see your parking lot number.

As all parking machines are electronically connected to tablets which the parking guards have, it's not necessary to leave the parking slip in the car. They can see electronically on their tablets who paid and who's parking time has expired.

Hope that helps.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    WOW, we had no clue they charged for parking nor have we seen the signs. I guess I'll consider us lucky and now informed..

So I did some checking out today because the lot in front of all the boats have white lines with white numbers on every spot. Then about half the lot has yellow lines and there are no numbers. I see cars everyday with the yellow boot on their wheel and they are parked in a spot with yellow lines and no numbers. I asked a local and if you look on the sign where you pay. it says: Yellow lines are for permits. If you are a local and buy a permit, then you can park in the yellow line spots and you are fine because you bought a permit. If you do not have a permit and park in a yellow line spot without a number, you will get the BOOT!!!! Its really sad to see all these tourist getting the boot. If I wouldn't have asked the local guy, I would have not had a clue and I am sure I would have gotten the BOOT!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    So I did some checking out today because the lot in front of all the boats have white lines with white numbers on every spot. Then about half the lot has yellow lines and there are no numbers. I see cars everyday with the yellow boot on their wheel and they are parked in a spot with yellow lines and no numbers. I asked a local and if you look on the sign where you pay. it says: Yellow lines are for permits. If you are a local and buy a permit, then you can park in the yellow line spots and you are fine because you bought a permit. If you do not have a permit and park in a yellow line spot without a number, you will get the BOOT!!!! Its really sad to see all these tourist getting the boot. If I wouldn't have asked the local guy, I would have not had a clue and I am sure I would have gotten the BOOT!!
    I guess it's something to get used to. At least, there are two indicators to look for:

1. The sign which points out that the yellow lines are for permits.
    2. The yellow lines on the parking lot which differs from all the white lines.

I still wished that people would only get a ticket for wrong parking instead of a boot and a hefty fine.

Glad we can all be well informed, well educated tourists thanks for our great forum members
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Instead of yellow lines, they should print permit parking only.

Walt,
    I couldn't agree with you more. When downtown a couple of weeks ago, I parked in the handicap spot in front of the little shops in the harbor area. A family that didn't speak English, had parked near me. I went to the P, bought my ticket and returned to the car to to put my ticket in the window. Members of the family were trying to understand why I had a ticket. From my limited Spanish, I guess they thought I was given a ticket because I parked in a handicap spot with out a tag. We produced the tag and I explained about the ticket I purchased. I took them to them to view the boot on a car and they quickly caught on. I was glad we were able to keep them from getting the boot.

jaw
    I was in Aruba 11/9 to 16, 2015. Parked in the lot near the cruise line port. There were spaces with numbers and spaces without numbers. After checking with a shop owner nearby, they indicated that the spaces in that lot without numbers were free, thus I parked there from about 1 pm to 7 pm at no charge. Did not have yellow lines. Would not have parked there without paying without asking shop owner. On Monday the 16th we stopped at the Seaport Shopping area and was allow to go through to the Seaport parking area at no charge. There was a guard at the entrance. Of course one should check before parking in downtown.

Don't know if this has been answered or not but does anyone know how much the fine is if you get the boot? (not planning to get it) LOL

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Don't know if this has been answered or not but does anyone know how much the fine is if you get the boot? (not planning to get it) LOL
    The boot is 75 Florin (approx. $42)

It the vehicle got towed, it's an additional 150 Florin (approx. $84)

Here is some info WHY getting a boot and what to do when the vehicle got towed away:

http://aruparking.com/faq/

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast