Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Parking..payments, boots etc.

Parking meters!

Just got back yesterday but while we were there we went downtown and wanted to park but only had 2 quarters. As I was on my way to get some change there were 3 policemen and a tow with 3 cars that had the yellow boot on them. One family (with shopping bags) was arguing with the police and said this is BS and you know it. I felt so bad for them. One policeman on his bike just laughed and rode away. I looked at them and said no way am I parking here and taking a chance and we left. The next day we rode by and there were many empty white lane spaces. The shops must be hurting. I think they should just charge $5, if they must charge anything and leave it as that.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    That yellow boot must be really shocking for many people, especially, if they never heard of the new parking meters and the strict rules.

The minimum time to park is 30 minutes and would cost 1 Florin. I'm not sure if your two quarters would have been enough for 30 minutes. You would have found out if you had tried it, you would have received a parking slip from the parking meter. Of course, it would always be best to have additional coins, just in case.

If you decide to go again downtown, Sundays are always "free parking". In addition, the government made an exception so that there is as well "free parking" on Satursdays in December. Usually, parking is from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.

Here are the dates again:

Aruparking pa medio di e articulo aki kier a recorda tur automobislitanan cu riba e dianan cu Gobierno di Aruba a reserva, cual nan ta 4,5, 12, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24 y 31 di december, como dianan di parkeo gratis den centro di nos ciudad.

https://www.facebook.com/Aruparking?fref=ts

Bringing along florin coins when heading downtown is just something we visitors need to learn. I am looking forward to being able to find parking spaces when I head downtown and don't mind paying a few coins to do so.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I had florins in glove compartment just for that reason but the thieves stole those, too. But I see parking is free Saturday, the 12th. That's good for us to go print boarding passes but may wait until after 7 just in case.

jaw
    I parked in the lot behind several jewelry stores and the cruise dock in November. Part of the lot was numbered to pay and part was not. I checked with a shop owner nearby and they said if the space did not have a number, then I did not have to pay. I parked from1 to 6 pm for free. Of course, one may have to walk a little further.

Here is a pamphlet that the rental car agencies are giving out regarding the parking meters I hope this helps.

Parking..payments, boots etc.-image.jpg

That's great David! I'm glad to see the PA & the car rental agencies are helping educate the tourists
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    It really is no big deal as long as you have florins in any denomination.

Thanks to CK for posting the holidays this month because Saturday we didn't have to pay.

But I will say this about the residents. Twice I used the meters & was having trouble with the machine taking the smaller size coins. Twice an Aruban came to help me negotiate the machine. And when I said thank you they said "my pleasure". So nice!

Please be aware that the yellow parking spaces are for permit holder only, and that display a special ticket on the car screen. If you do not have one of these permits you can only park in the white parking spaces marked with a letter and number. You can take your chances and park in the yellow parking spots and risk a ticked or to be clampdown, it all depends on the warden vigilance. Hope this helps.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Or in short:

White marked parking with numbers = paid parking

White marked parking without numbers = free parking

Yellow marked parking = "Forbidden Zone!" (only for people with parking permits)

No marked parking = no parking!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast