Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Passport control/customs in Aruba

Passport control/customs in Aruba

Last in Aruba 2 years ago. Anyone know the current procedures going thru customs and passport control.is it electronic machines where you show your passport and just go thru? I seem to remember customs right at the very end of going thru near the duty free sho for alcohol. Please HELP.....thanks

You are now able to fill out your Immigration forms online - see this thread: Immigration forms online https://edcardaruba.aw
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by simmsejs View Post
    Last in Aruba 2 years ago. Anyone know the current procedures going thru customs and passport control.is it electronic machines where you show your passport and just go thru? I seem to remember customs right at the very end of going thru near the duty free sho for alcohol. Please HELP.....thanks
    Are you referring to arrival through Aruba immigration or departure through U.S. Customs? Both have electronic passport readers.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

Arrival.......want to get to the beach and my margarita asap........don't even want to think about leaving the island one bit!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    as jacki said in post 2............ go to this site.
    https://edcardaruba.aw/Application/stepone

fill it out, print it and present it with your passport at immigration upon arrival

Quote Originally Posted by simmsejs View Post
    Arrival.......want to get to the beach and my margarita asap........don't even want to think about leaving the island one bit!!!!

Does the online immigration form apply/work for those visitors arriving from countries other than the U.S. and Canada? Will be connecting through Curacao, so just wondering if to still go ahead and fill out the online form or the immigration card that they will give me on the flight.

Aruba since 1979
    my guess is "Maybe" vallond.
    that link send one to the immigration form and on that form there is a box to insert "nationality"

fill it out, and let's hope it suffices.
    if so, that'd be terrific.
    lots of folks visit aruba by way of curacao.
    they should have the perks/conveniences too.
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Does the online immigration form apply/work for those visitors arriving from countries other than the U.S. and Canada? Will be connecting through Curacao, so just wondering if to still go ahead and fill out the online form or the immigration card that they will give me on the flight.

Thanks Andrea. Yes Curacao recently introducedthe passport readers at their airport and an online site to fill out theirimmigration form online. Looking forward to using this to speed throughimmigration. Then again they have introduced a new procedure for Transitpassengers in that they will no longer have to undergo a security check as theyalready underwent a security screening at the airport where they boarded. Afriend of mine recently connected through Curacao to Aruba from Trinidad and hesaid that it was quick. As for the passport readers they are only being usedduring peak arrival times