Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cindyo

Thread: PASSPORT DAY is tomorrow, 9/17

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

PASSPORT DAY is tomorrow, 9/17

On Saturday, September 17 only, apply for your U.S. passport at a Regional Passport Agency Regional Passport Agency without an appointment. You will be able to apply for standard processing (4-6 weeks) or pay an additional $60 for Expedited processing (2-3 weeks, door-to-door).
    Your postoffice is also avail to process your passport and will stay open to do it.

A little tidbit to help anyone who needs to get their passport !

Aruba since 1979
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

thanks for the info cindy

you had mentioned to me that in addition to your passports, you also got the "passport cards". could you explain the use of the "card?"

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    On Saturday, September 17 only, apply for your U.S. passport at a Regional Passport Agency Regional Passport Agency without an appointment. You will be able to apply for standard processing (4-6 weeks) or pay an additional $60 for Expedited processing (2-3 weeks, door-to-door).
    Your postoffice is also avail to process your passport and will stay open to do it.

A little tidbit to help anyone who needs to get their passport !

thanks CindyO....need new one soon, old one expires January 2012 but I think it wise to wait till we return from Aruba in November....going to Bonaire in April for a dive trip so will get it over Xmas....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

thanks for the info cindy

you had mentioned to me that in addition to your passports, you also got the "passport cards". could you explain the use of the "card?"
    Passport card is another form of id. Can be used in Carribean but not in europe. Embassies honor it if you loose your passport. Its the size of a license so it was handy to carry. When we traveled we left our passports in the safe on the ship and just carried the card. In retrospect we probably didn't need it in europe but being newbies taking kids we felt safe .

So this Saturday the State Department is bending those rules on their third annual Passport Day in the USA - a day when all regional passport agencies and passport acceptance facilities, including post offices, will be open on the weekend when they are normally closed.

For this day only, U.S. citizens can apply directly at passport agencies without making an appointment, and both routine and expedited processing service can be requested.

Danadog, have you been to Bonaire before? If not you will love it! I went a few years ago and it was great! Have dinner at "Richard's by the Sea" one night if you can... the food is great and it's right on the water with a beautiful view of the sunset!!

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    thanks CindyO....need new one soon, old one expires January 2012 but I think it wise to wait till we return from Aruba in November....going to Bonaire in April for a dive trip so will get it over Xmas....
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Smile

I have been to Bonaire twice! Its very nice but I still prefer Aruba! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Just heard tonight, my son got his renewed passport in 21/2 wks. We booked a cruise for December ande his passport was due to expire in less than six months from return date of cruise. Cruiseline warned must be valid for 6 months past arrival home.
    crosby