Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Passport Question

Hello,

I plan to travel in April on a Canadian Passport that expires in October - is there any issues with passports close to expiration date? The thought of going to Customs and lining up for hours makes me cringe...I am hoping to eek out one more trip.

Thanks,
    Kevandra

I wouldn't even consider your travel date (April) close to your passport expiration date (October). You're returning with several months to spare, so you're fine.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Last year we went in May and my husbands passport expired in July (I think) and we had no problem. That was the US tho.
    Pat

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/support/faq.aspx?lang=eng&id=1204
    "You should not travel with a passport that will expire during your trip or shortly after your planned return. Some countries will not allow you to enter if your passport is set to expire shortly after your planned return date. To find out more about entry requirements, consult the nearest diplomatic mission of the country you intend to visit.

To avoid difficulties while travelling, we recommend that you obtain a new passport before leaving if there is any chance that your passport could expire during your travels.

If you are a Canadian citizen residing outside Canada, you should apply at the nearest Canadian government office abroad."

travel with no problem, returned oct 23, my passport expired 6 day's later...
    had to pay extra for renewal, so we could return jan 3.
    paid extra but was back on the island.

NO there won't be an issue
    be well
    charles
    THERE ARE PLACES TO SEE - STORIES TO TELL
    IMAGES TO HARNESS - AND MORE STORIES ON caribbean.tv
    be well
    charles

Mine expires in March, to be sure, if and when I am able to return, I went ahead a few weeks ago...January 2011...and sent in for a renewal.

Ed

Be mindful of the answers from people from the US as their passport regulations MAY be different than ours (Canada).

It does clearly state that when traveling to certain countries your passport must not expire within 6 months of travel. I am not sure about Aruba but when traveling overseas this summer we did renew our passport as they would expire within the 6 month time period.

It was very easy to do, we filled out the paper work online, printed it and I went into the passport office and gave them all the information and showed them all the documents. Took all the documents home (did not have to leave them there) and got receipts which all family members over the age of 18 had to sign to allow me to pick up the passports which were ready in 10 days! If you have travel plans booked you need to provide verification of that and you can get a passport even quicker if you need.

My philosophy is, since you will need your passport renewed anyway, you may as well do it then worry about it.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Passport Canada
    www.passportcanada.gc.ca

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/support/faq.aspx?lang=eng&id=1204

Frequently asked questions

What if my passport expires while I am outside Canada?

You should not travel with a passport that will expire during your trip or shortly after your planned return. Some countries will not allow you to enter if your passport is set to expire shortly after your planned return date. To find out more about entry requirements, consult the nearest diplomatic mission of the country you intend to visit.

To avoid difficulties while travelling, we recommend that you obtain a new passport before leaving if there is any chance that your passport could expire during your travels.
    If you are a Canadian citizen residing outside Canada, you should apply at the nearest
    Canadian government office abroad.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 01-31-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Exclamation Aruba entry requirements

Upon arrival in Aruba a tourist must have:

• a passport that is valid upon entry and for the duration of stay in Aruba. If the tourist holds a passport from a visa required country (list A), he must have a valid visa sticker in his passport;
    • a completely filled-in and signed Embarkation and Disembarkation card (ED-card);
    • a valid return- or onward ticket;
    • the necessary documents for returning to the country of origin or to a country that he has the right to enter, for example a valid residence permit (temporary or permanent), a re-entry permit or a (entry) visa;
    • if so requested, the tourist has to be able to prove to the satisfaction of the migration officer that he has a valid reservation for an accommodation in Aruba (e.g. hotel or apartment) or that he owns property in Aruba (a residence, condominium, apartment, timeshare apartment or a pleasure yacht moored in Aruba with a length of at least 14 meters measured on the water line);
    • if so requested, the tourist has to be able to prove to the satisfaction of the migration officer to dispose of adequate financial means to provide for hotel expenses (if applicable) and living expenses during his stay or that he has a declaration of guarantee from a legal resident of Aruba.
    The final authorization for admission to Aruba remains with migration officer at the border-crossing/port of entry. The migration authorities at the border-crossing/port of entry have the authority to grant or refuse admission. Admission can be refused if not all admission requirements are fulfilled by the time of entering Aruba of if the tourist has been blacklisted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast