Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Passport Question

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach

Passport Question

I know in the past that you were able to enter Aruba with less than six months remaining on your passport, before it expires. I've checked DIMAS on line and I haven't seen any changes to that ruling. Has anyone entered Aruba with less than six months remaining on your passport recently?

In March 2014, my passport expired the day after we left Aruba. Other than the raised eyebrow from the official on my way out, there was no problem.

I renewed my passport early because I was concerned about a possible six month rule. In checking the government passport site it says Aruba requires a valid passport. There is no mention of a six month requirement but I figured better safe than sorry.

I was stopped at the border...thank god the customs agent couldn't count and it was just over six months until renewal. I wouldn't risk it again.

Why take the chance. If you pay the expidited fee you will have a new passport in about 2 weeks and it is good for the next 10 years.

My daughter had less than 6 months left on her passport last Christmas and no one said a word.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    I was stopped at the border...thank god the customs agent couldn't count and it was just over six months until renewal. I wouldn't risk it again.
    Which border??

I don't understand why this is a question. Has anyone had their passport refused because it had less than six months left. It's still a valid passport until it expires.

Someone posted awhile back that the agent commented on their passport being just a few months from expiration. Some countries require that passports NOT be within 6 months of expiration. So I believe the question was whether or not Aruba had that requirement.

Aruba since 1979
    some countries want passports that are expiring greater than 6 months out.
    yes valid, but my understanding a foreign country can create their own visitor entry rules.

which countries?
    Mexico is one that i know of.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I don't understand why this is a question. Has anyone had their passport refused because it had less than six months left. It's still a valid passport until it expires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast