Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Passport Question

maybe because if you stay in aruba for 3 months and decide its to nice to leave they can find you and deport before your passport is up.

When I went to Aruba in May this year, Delta Airlines warned me when I was checking in NY that my passport was expiring in 2 months. I told them I knew that and I was only going to Aruba for 1 week. So they asked me if i knew that some countries especially in Europe your passport is not good if it expires less than 6 months. I said I did not know that. So he then said let me check the requirement for Aruba. He checked for 5 minutes and then told me they had no restrictions so I was lucky. He had me sweating! He then asked me If I was traveling anywhere else this year. I said yes Bermuda. He looked up Bermuda and told me they had the 6 month restriction. Once I got back from Aruba, I renenewed my passport.

Thanks for explaining. I assume there is a valid reason but it seems strange.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Here is a great link where you can enter the country you want to travel to. I don't know how accurate it is as I typed in "Bermuda" and they don't show much travel restrictions. That is somehow strange. Maybe they got stricter restrictions now. I dunno.

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html

And some additional info:

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2014/09/231319.htm

even without any fee i got passport in a 9 days

I renewed mine in August and it took 3 weeks.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I don't understand if your passport is good to a certain date, then what's with the six months. I can see if it will expire while you're in another country but if not, why? what's the point of an expiration date..

I'm assuming they don't want to risk people overstaying and then having an expired passport. Mine would have expired in March. By renewing early it takes on a new expiration, now expiring August 2025. For me it was more of a convenience thing. We had no plans in August and I didn't want to wait and then decide I wanted to go somewhere in March and have to scramble
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 11-11-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    I don't understand if your passport is good to a certain date, then what's with the six months. I can see if it will expire while you're in another country but if not, why? what's the point of an expiration date..
    there are many things I don't understand about some countries lol If I were to make assumptions, I would guess it would have to do with possible changes in eligibility for that passport. Many things can change in 9 yrs & 6 months.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12