Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Passport question

jaw

Passport question

I recently heard on a news report that some European countries did not recognize U S Passport that are within 6 months of expiration. Does anyone know if Aruba has a problem with a Passport that is within 6 months of expiration? Our trip is June 28, 2016 to July 4, 2016 and our passports expires July 19, 2016. Our plan was to renew the passports after we returned to the US. What Aruba governmental office would I contact to check?

I personally think it is a great idea to check, but being that close to expiration I would be worried and make sure I got a new one before my trip.

Take a look at this thread: Passport Question
    Last edited by Jacki; 02-23-2016 at 05:20 PM.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    I recently heard on a news report that some European countries did not recognize U S Passport that are within 6 months of expiration. Does anyone know if Aruba has a problem with a Passport that is within 6 months of expiration? Our trip is June 28, 2016 to July 4, 2016 and our passports expires July 19, 2016. Our plan was to renew the passports after we returned to the US. What Aruba governmental office would I contact to check?

I just went through this. We just returned from Aruba 5 days ago. Our passports expire in May. Everything that I read online indicated that we were fine but I called Aruba imigration to be sure. They told me that we were fine, as long as we had one day left on our passport when we left Aruba. We decided to wait until we returned to renew our passports. We had no problems at all. I did print out the passport info and take it with us, just in case someone questioned us, but didn't need it.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    I asked this exact question to the Aruba immigration officer when we arrived last trip. His answer was you just need a valid passport for your stay. Next trip is May and our passports expire in June. We will renew them when we get home in May.

Yep, Aruba you are fine but many countries do require 6 months in order to enter.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Yes you should be fine, which I didn't know at the time of my renewal. Mine was set to expire a week after my upcoming trip. I decided to renew it just because I had free time on a Tuesday afternoon. I received my new one in the mail the following Monday. I was absolutely shocked.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    that is awesome curtis!
    imagine a government agency providing a 1 week turn around.
    go figure.

nice to see you posting curtis. hope u have been well.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Yes you should be fine, which I didn't know at the time of my renewal. Mine was set to expire a week after my upcoming trip. I decided to renew it just because I had free time on a Tuesday afternoon. I received my new one in the mail the following Monday. I was absolutely shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Do you renew in person or by mail?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is awesome curtis!
    imagine a government agency providing a 1 week turn around.
    go figure

nice to see you posting curtis. hope u have been well.
    I know right... and to think I was tempted to pay for it to be expedited. Been super busy lately so quality browsing time had to hit the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Do you renew in person or by mail?
    By mail. Had my new pic taken at the post office. Received the new one as described and got my old one in the mail about a week later.

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

double post
    Last edited by burghboy; 02-24-2016 at 06:29 PM. Reason: double post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast