Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Petty theft is on the rise - please be careful

Being smart is the key! I travel oversees into some rough areas and at times have carried 20 plus thousand on me and never had an issue. Its all in how you handle yourself. The problem is people put their defenses down in aruba, most have a few drinks in them and so their defenses are even LOWER. So its really not about the amount of money you travel with, its how you handle yourself. Be smart, alert and if you have 1,000 in your wallet or 20 in your wallet use wisdom! Thankfully in all our trips to aruba we have never had one issue, but it can happen anywhere. haha I lived in NYC and never had a problem and had my car broken into in Lancaster PA haha Cant trust those amish

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Boy you are a brave guy with that kinda $$$ in your pockets.... I freak with 100 in my wallet. I think everyone knows I have that money in my wallet by the look on my face

unbelievable being broken into while in Amish country

Cindyo haha yep some people can't seem to hide it it's always funny watching men in NYC walk and touch their butts every few seconds to make sure their wallet is still there haha

Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    Cindyo haha yep some people can't seem to hide it it's always funny watching men in NYC walk and touch their butts every few seconds to make sure their wallet is still there haha
    That's not good - and a dead giveaway. Cash should always be in your FRONT pocket when traveling.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

You can always get cash at a ATM or get AMEX travelers Checks. I do not carry a lot of cash when I am out and leave what you are not going to use in your room safe.Always have one credit card as a back up along with some cash. When I go into Manhattan my wallet is never in my back pocket.

We felt very safe riding through downtown Oranjestad in the back of Bully's taxi when 5 uniformed police officers pedaled by on their bicycles.

We have not seen the typical ATV police visibility teams on the beach this trip.

Today we felt highly reassured we would not be mugged while swimming when 3 police jetski's cruised past Eagle Beach. Surely has to be SOMEONE's dream job.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234