Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Pharmacy question

Did I read somewhere that the pharmacist can write prescriptions? I just realized I forgot my Flovent inhaler. I could cab back home to the tune of $50 each way but decided against it. I do have a rescue inhaler so all is not lost just wondering if I had other options?

Aruba since 1979
    no the pharmacist cannot write scripts

when u get to your resort, ask them to call the house dr, he can order the script, and it can be picked up.

you are at divi for first part of your vacation? then radisson?

if u are at divi, ask to have the script called in to the Eagle Botica.

if u are at the radisson ask
    to have it called in to the botica at Noord on Palm beach rd, near St Anne's Catholic church

you will pay probably $30 for Dr.
    and then the cost of the script.

Wow Andrea, you are full of great information. You really help people.

We were able to get two things without going to a doctor in Aruba: a refill for a topical ointment to address bug bites (nosceums - sp?) but we had an empty tube with a prescription label on it from Canada. The other was on the most recent trip - an anti inflammatory... I was thinking it might be something they just kept behind the counter but they did generate a prescription label for it.

Thanks Andrea you are the best!!! I knew you would have an answer

Aruba since 1979
    thanks all, this community is all about sharing information and helping out.
    so many help each other every day!

the reason i know this prescriptions stuff is...........
    couple of years ago my daughter in law forgot her asthma medicine (inhaler)
    and
    husband forgot his toiletry bag at home and he had to get his prescription meds

certain things in aruba are otc........one of the things in particular is an arthritis cream/gel rub. i forget the name right now (valtoren?)
    but that is available in aruba at the pharmacies as otc.

A few years back I thought my son had strep throat and needed an anti biotic so the doctor called the pharmacy and phoned in a RX, cost $40. Insurance reimbursed the entire cost of RX and doctor's fee. We just paid the pharmacy and I assume they paid the doctor.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks all, this community is all about sharing information and helping out.
    so many help each other every day!

the reason i know this prescriptions stuff is...........
    couple of years ago my daughter in law forgot her asthma medicine (inhaler)
    and
    husband forgot his toiletry bag at home and he had to get his prescription meds

certain things in aruba are otc........one of the things in particular is an arthritis cream/gel rub. i forget the name right now (valtoren?)
    but that is available in aruba at the pharmacies as otc.
    Yes, the voltaren was available right on the shelf this trip (i.e. no pharmacist required). We also talked to the pharmacist about my shoulder pain and she gave me ten anti-inflammatory pills from the dispensary after taking down my details. I wonder if the laws have loosened a bit? I don't imagine they'll be allowed to dispense narcotics anytime soon without a doctor's authorization though.