Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Planning our 3rd trip!!

We went in May the first time - it was wonderful!! Went in September last year - very wet & rainy!! Was this just a fluke?

What is the best month to go - to have great sun & no children!! ie) no spring break or summer holiday!!

Thanks!!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we went right after thanksgiving for 10 days last year and it was wonderful. we did have the crazy rain that was in aruba last year but only for one day bad and one day partial (didn't stop us at the beach though). this year we're going about the same time for two weeks. the weather was wonderful, it was busy but not overcrowded. not many children at all. its a dead time. people have done the thanksgiving travel and are home and not ready to do the christmas holiday travel yet. i guess that's why its their low season. but to us, its the bargain season. when we booked our place, they wanted $1200 a week and gave it to us for $1000 a week and that's a townhouse with two bedrooms, lol, minutes from arashi beach and 5 minutes from the highrise area. i was just telling my husband if our stepdaughter wants to get married there like planned, she better consider that time of year because the room rates at the hotels are ridiculous in the summer and this time of year we go they are like 60% off the rates. even more if you use AAA card.

We lean towards the spring rather than the fall. We have been in both May and October. Our May trips tend to be sunny and warm. It seemed to rain more and more every year on our October trips. El Nino and La Nina tend to be a factor, but for us spring has been better. I would be interested to hear how Spring 2011 has been so far!

Enjoy your next trip back to wonderful Aruba!

Get me back to Aruba!

September's weather due to La Nina, was not normal.

Aruba does still have a rainy season of October through January. Most rain falls in the form of overnight showers and brief passing showers during the day. http://www.aruba.com/explorearuba/is...s/weather.aspx

For little rain and fewer children except those who are not school age, and no spring break, late April after Easter or anytime in May prior to U.S. Memorial Day weekend.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 05-08-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    We're going in July this year. The last two trips were in April and the weather was perfect. Does the breeze still blow every day in July? Someone told us no, but the weather forecast shows that June and July are the windiest months. Anyone with July experience? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    We're going in July this year. The last two trips were in April and the weather was perfect. Does the breeze still blow every day in July? Someone told us no, but the weather forecast shows that June and July are the windiest months. Anyone with July experience? Thanks,
    Who ever told you that it is not windy in July is incorrect.

May, June AND July are the windiest months of the year.
    May & July winds average 19 mph and June winds average 20 mph.
    April & August are the fringe months for most windiest with averages of 18 mph.

Having said all this, having been to Aruba in the past you do know that it does get hot so you will appreciate the tradewinds.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    We've only ever been in March (that's when I've had ENOUGH of winter!!) and the weather has been perfect -- hot with a lovely , sometimes pretty strong, breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy View Post
    We've only ever been in March (that's when I've had ENOUGH of winter!!) and the weather has been perfect -- hot with a lovely , sometimes pretty strong, breeze.
    March is my favorite month of the year weather wise.

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Arubalisa,
    Thanks for that confirmation. Love the wind! I'm glad to hear it's strongest in the summer months.

Aruba since 1979
    we ALWAYS loved august in aruba........then last august (2010) the humidity was oppressive and the air was STILL for almost 2 weeks.
    there was NO sitting poolside or beaching for us.
    no sitting and reading or crocheting or lounging outside.
    we were either always in the ocean or the pool or we were indoors in the air co.
    it was bizarre........maybe the beginnings of the La Nina syndrome.

December 2010.........la nina in full swing. many rain showers, little breeze/wind.
    spent much time IN the water and little time sitting in the sun as the humidity was a killer.

that being said, when i say we were IN the water on those trips.......most days we were IN the water for HOURS on end, floating with our noodles.

if you want lotsa wind May and June for the windblown look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast