Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Plastic Bags at Grocery Stores

Just a reminder.....Starting January 1st, 2017 the supermarkets in Aruba will not be using plastic bags anymore, so make sure to bring along a few sturdy shopping bags (non plastic).
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Thanks for the reminder, Amy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Just a reminder.....Starting January 1st, 2017 the supermarkets in Aruba will not be using plastic bags anymore, so make sure to bring along a few sturdy shopping bags (non plastic).
    Good reminder - we've already started and received strange looks that turned to admiring when everybody looked at and examined our fancy (ha!) North American insulated bags at Ling's...

Attachment 5599
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plastic Bags at Grocery Stores-img_0083.jpg  

I have a huge collection of the Divi bags that they hand out at the airport. I usually pack one on every trip but now I'll pack several.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I have a huge collection of the Divi bags that they hand out at the airport. I usually pack one on every trip but now I'll pack several.
    Be careful with those Divi Airport bags. We have had the handles break with very little weight in them, so consider that when packing groceries into them. Free is always nice for those type of reusable bags though.

Aruba since 1979
    yes good point tracey.
    we have some from costco and hannaford and publix that always stay in our luggage.
    reminder...all of these grocery bags can be washed, but air dried (not dryer)

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Be careful with those Divi Airport bags. We have had the handles break with very little weight in them, so consider that when packing groceries into them. Free is always nice for those type of reusable bags though.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    That's the way I always felt about the plastic bags they used so I always carried them from the bottom unless it was something light like bread, crackers, cheese, etc.

We have several heavy duty cloth grocery bags that we use here at home for the supermarket so will probably bring a couple of those as well. We've also packed them on our Europe trips many times - wine bottles, groceries, etc. so they can handle quite a bit.