Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

A plea for a home for Mooma

Hi

We can't keep Mooma for much longer. We have to smaller kittens who he is too rough with and he is in my office right now and it's not fair to him to be alone. He really needs a home and love. We have had him spayed and are taking him for his first shots. We don't want to take him to the shelter because he's such a cute nice cat and we don't know how long they keep kittens before destroying them because there are so many kittens on the island.

I am pleading for someone to please open their heart and take this little guy home to the states with you!!

He is totally kitty litter trained. He had been living outside - they found him on the beach. He gets along with my other cats and dog. He is just older and a little rough on the smaller ones.

Personally - i'd love to see him stay inside - he doesn't seem to have any desire to go outside. He's really gentle.

He doesn't need to be quarantined you can take him directly home. I'd advise anyone who is bringing home a new pet to put them in a room by themselves to get used to their surroundings - the other pets will sniff thru the door so they get used to each other's smell. And have little sessions after the cat seems at home (which he did here in about 1 day LOL!) where you have supervised "visits".

Here's the link with his pictures - he's a real beauty:

http://community.webshots.com/album/565572706hVYnhS

My heart is breaking - please consider taking him - I don't know what to do!!!

Liz

My heart breaks also. We have 7 strays who we rescued and are now all indoor cats. If only we had room for one more, but alas we do not.

PLEASE someone open your heart for this kitty?

Liz, I am taking the liberty of posting this furball's photo

Thanks so much! I have rescued / bottle fed a lot of little ones here. I used to do this when I was a kid and never dreamed i'd be doing that now. I know of "some" cat rescuers on the island that mainly do what we do - but most of the rescuers are for dogs....

On my photo page are pictures of 5 kittens I found and rescued while dining at the lighthouse, 2 who were given to us at the vets and some of the other pets in the home who were babies we rescued or "last chance" cats from the ARA. We have quite a zoo - my pomerian Alice has plenty of cats to herd!! LOL! Our maine coon cat (we brought her with us as a kitten from the US) is bigger than her!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/msgrumble (some promo going on click "go to webshots" to see my album)

Loved Yurtle's "roar"!

I am told (an believe) that "bottle babies" (raised young and hand fed) are the best and brighest. I don't know that I'd go along w/ brightest - because have no idea what goes through crazy kitten minds - but they think humans are "their" people!!!

We are very big cats to our cats! Out of our 7 cats, only one is truly intelligent.