Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
    Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar

PM from 2BTrudie

I received a PM from 2BTrudie advertising a book. Did anyone else receive the PM.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Yes, I did....cindy

Only 3

I only sent the message to 3 members, Andrea J, CindyO, and Liz Aruba Lover. Thought you guys might be interested. Sorry if I disturbed you. Won't happen again.

Sincerely, Heather (2BTrudie)
    Last edited by 2BTrudie; 04-29-2008 at 08:41 PM.
    Paradise, But Not for Amateurs ... Are You Ready?
    www.DanielPutkowski.com

deleted
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 04-29-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: deleted

Hi Arubalisa. I sent you a note via your private email (gmail) account yesterday. Much to my surprise, people have been more annoyed than delighted with the news I brought. Go figure. Sorry if you felt spammed too. Was never the intention. I'm excited about my friend's project and wanted to share it with other Aruba fans. Again, sorry if I disturbed you or anyone else.

Trudie (heather) the problem is that even though you were not advertising "your book", it was still advertising. Plus you should NEVER PM with the type of PM you sent some of our members.

This is a good opportunity to remind members:
    • It is never OK to e-mail or PM any member with advertisements or solicitation.
    • Advertising of a business or website that makes a profit (by ads, etc)is not allowed in the body of a post OR links that direct the reader to the business or website.It is O.K. to put a link in your signature line.
    Last edited by Liz - Aruba Lover; 04-30-2008 at 12:08 AM.

Lightbulb Yep, got it.

I understand completely. I do want to mention though, that 2 very nice moderators on 2 other Aruba boards sent me a big THANK YOU for my "spam." Not to worry, I won't be sending any more PMs to anyone. I live in Aruba about 6 months per year, so I hope despite this bump in the road that I can remain on the board and contribute my experiences, within the board rules, of course.
    Paradise, But Not for Amateurs ... Are You Ready?
    www.DanielPutkowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2BTrudie View Post
    I understand completely. I do want to mention though, that 2 very nice moderators on 2 other Aruba boards sent me a big THANK YOU for my "spam." Not to worry, I won't be sending any more PMs to anyone. I live in Aruba about 6 months per year, so I hope despite this bump in the road that I can remain on the board and contribute my experiences, within the board rules, of course.
    Heather - I have seen your posts on this and other BB's. Please keep contributing; your input is valued.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Heather, I appreciate the fact you wanted to bring the book to our attention. You should post it as a reg post, and not a PM. Who knows, maybe one of us will have the time to read it. Post it as a must read on the "Off Topic" subject. I am sure others would like to hear about it. SInce it is your friend, you aren't self promoting it. best wishes...