Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: A Podcast for Aruba

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Just posted the Andrea interview for your listening pleasure. Loved hearing her talk about Banana Apartments and of course her dinner with Peggy and Tom.
    http://onehappypodcast.com/ep20/

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Great job with the podcasts, Curt. I enjoyed Andrea's reflection on morning coffee on the inkeepers porch with everyone in their pj's!

Another great episode. Great advice (as always) from Andrea! Is it Thanksgiving yet???
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Curt - what are your plans for the newsletter?
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Curt - what are your plans for the newsletter?
    I'm thinking probably something that comes out once a month that includes info about major events taking place around the island, excursion and/or restaurant spotlights and original blog posts. For instance sometimes people will send me stories about special events they experienced on the island.

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    I have several podcasts to catch up on. Need a block of time at the gym when I get home.

looking forward to a newsletter... That's an awesome idea!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Just recently I discovered the podcast. It was fun putting "a voice to a picture" when I listened to Andrea's interview!

Then I was looking a bit through your onehappypodcast.com and saw the interview EP15 with Marie Geerman. It was already late at night but I was clued to my computer, listening to her story when she came to Aruba 30 years ago as a young girl, how live was back then and the changes over the years. It was very moving and touching!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Hi Curt, I just saw your follow-up interview with Marie Geerman. Well done!

EP30: Aruba Flight Volunteers with Marie Geerman

Joining me today on One Happy Podcast is a repeat guest, Marie Geerman. You may remember Marie from episode 15, “Rescuing Dogs with Marie Geerman”. In that episode Marie took us on a journey to her Aruba. Marie took us all the way from her first exposure to Aruba, through taking on the task of feeding Aruba’s homeless animals, all the way to her present day work of trying to completely eliminate the stray animal problem in Aruba by educating and informing Arubans on the benefits of responsible ownership.
    I asked Marie to come back onto One Happy Podcast to not only check up on the status of her spay and neuter campaign but to also learn more about Aruba Flight Volunteers. Aruba Flight Volunteers is a Facebook page that was started to better organize the animal transportation efforts from Aruba to the United States.
    For a while now I have been aware of the generosity many tourists show in helping getting adopted dogs and cats from their birthplace of Aruba to their “fur-ever” homes back in the states, but like many of you I was completely ignorant of the process. This lack of information really struck home on this last trip to Aruba when I made my first trip to the Aruba Animal Shelter. Visiting those puppies and kittens really makes you want to help and although we did make a donation we wanted to do more. Maggie came up with the idea of possibly transporting a puppy home. The only problem is we had absolutely no idea how to go about setting something like this up.
    When I arrived back home I promised that I would find out more about the transportation process and figured what better place to turn for that information than Aruba Flight Volunteers. That I when I got in contact with Marie to set up another interview. It is my hope that this newest interview with Marie answers not only my own questions about animal transportation but also the questions of so many others that have the inclination but not the information to help save a life.
    While I hope every episode of One Happy Podcast is informative, this one goes the extra mile to provide focused insight into the topic of Aruba Animal Transportation. My hopes are that it can be used as a primer for those curious about transporting in the future. Both Marie and I realize there are questions that weren’t answered in the podcast and can’t be answered in this format due to everyone have different circumstances but it’s a start. Your next step next step should be to go to the Aruba Flight Volunteer’s page and like it on Facebook; there you will be able to find even more information about transporting.

(More info and the download for the podcast at link):

http://onehappypodcast.com/ep30/

Thank you CK1. Marie's dedication to her cause is pretty inspiring. It's an honor for me to be able to use what platform I have to be able to help resolve the stray animal situation in Aruba as much as I can. I absolutely cannot wait to see what sort of an impact the spay and neuter campaign has once it takes place. On an island as small as Aruba I believe something like that can absolutely deliver results... or at least I hope.

I had stopped posting updates to this forum as I am absolutely horrendous when it comes to promotion but as you can see there have been lots of episodes released since my last post. I believe that was episode 20 and now I am up to episode 30. I already have a couple of more in the can and scheduled for release but I am always looking for more guests to interview. So if anyone would like to tell there Aruba story on One Happy Podcast please do message me.

Not only am I looking for those who have recently visited Aruba but I also want to speak with anyone with a special interest in something related to Aruba. For instance if you are a diver or golfer and would like to speak about those topics I think it would make for a great episode. If you have relocated to Aruba and you have tips for those who dream of doing the same that would also be great. Marie reached out to me because she wanted to inform vacationers about the stray animal situation and has now had her message heard nearly 2,000 times.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast