Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pool hopping!

iguan joes fishes and more just being there

pool hopping!

Does pool hopping happen? If you stay at one hotel and you want to spend the day at another ones pool, is anyone going to run you out? We are looking at staying at the Mill, but we love the Westin's pool area? I would think you could. Don't people off of the cruise ships use the hotels pools when they are in port? Please help with some answers.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Be prepared to be thrown out, or asked to leave another pool. The tell tale is the towels. They hand out different towels at each resort. I have seen it happen at several...so, I would not suggest pool hopping. PS, they also have guards at the pools.

Aruba since 1979
    cindy did not mention that the aruba police can be called as well.
    we watched a few folks get detained by resort security and then the aruba police came and hauled the "pool hopping trespassers" off to the pokey.

that being said.............a few years ago we sat @ the pool bar at the renaissance suites. we were not guests but we did go into their pool and sat at the bar and had a frozen drink or 3 or 4 so i guess we were not really pool hopping.
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Be prepared to be thrown out, or asked to leave another pool. The tell tale is the towels. They hand out different towels at each resort. I have seen it happen at several...so, I would not suggest pool hopping. PS, they also have guards at the pools.

Hi Teresa:
    We are so glad you enjoy our pool. In fact, we reopened it today after an enhancement project that is going to make it even nicer. Perhaps you don't worry about pool hopping by staying with us at the Westin.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-07-2008 at 11:38 AM.

I know, also, that at the Marriotts' pools, if you are not a guest, you are asked to leave. I would, however, ask at various hotels if there is a policy that if you were to pay a small amount they would allow you to use their pool also..."nothing ventured; nothing gained."

Just a thought

IMOP pool hoppers make themselves obvious with the towel thing...

What is you don't bring a towel????

Each hotel has a different color towel, be it stripes, solids, or whatever. When you show up with your towel which doesn't match anyone else's there you are imed. looked at...You kinda look stupid ....

iguan joes fishes and more just being there

pool hopping

David Wahba: I got your message please email me at ftfincher@roadrunner.com I would like to correspond with you. Thanks, Teresa

Funny, I never would have thought about pool hopping...Maybe since we have 3 pools to chose from at the Divi, not to mention the Divi Dutch, Tam, Divi Aruba and Divi Phoenix and of course the beautiful blue ocean (my personal favorite) I never felt the need to hop !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast