Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea J.
  • 3 Post By vallond
  • 1 Post By brady bear
  • 2 Post By WaltVB

Thread: "Positive" experiences...going above and beyond.

Aruba since 1979

"Positive" experiences...going above and beyond.

We have had some recent postings of Aruba companies...resorts...going above and beyond expectations.

Do you have a story of something happening in Aruba that made you say "WOW that was awesome".

2 stories that come to my mind right now are:
    The Tropicana sent me my forgotten pillow, by FedEx, at their cost and would not accept reimbursement.
    and
    In 2010 or 11, we were rear ended near the intersection of Changs and the street to MJs. Everyone involved, including the driver that was at fault that hit us, were kind and considerate. MJ asst manager came out (after i called to cancel or reservation) to make certain we were ok. Hans came with a new car and eased our anxieties, the police were kind, everyone involved was great.

Mine has to be from September of 2014. My 4th visit to Aruba, on day two I was on my way back from the Superfoods to La Cabana, when I had the misfortune to get hit by a Yaris whose driver had broken a red light and collided with another car before bouncing off and colliding with me on the island in between the zebra crossings. A passerby who saw my wrist band contacted La Cabana right away and two of their security officers came over. One of the officers, Stanley not only made sure that I got into the ambulance to go to the hospital and told me to check him as soon as I got back, he also took my groceries( which was scattered all over) back to my room to store them in my fridge.

By the time I got back he had already left for the day, but it seemed as though everyone among the staff had heard about my accident; they were even more surprised that I was still walking around( albeit with a limp) and that apart from a few scratches and bruises( this after being bounced off the hood of the car, taking a window wiper that had gotten stuck to my t-shirt,) the worst that I got was a sprained ankle. The staff at La Cabana really showed that every guest is important, from that day till the day that I left everywhere I went on the hotel everyone always asked how I was doing and provided me with tips on how to ease the soreness in my ankle, I even received assistance in going about getting a Police report from the Police Station, and X-rays from the Hospital.

While getting injured was a bit of a downer the management and staff at La Cabana helped to salvage my visit and made my stay one that I will never forget, hopefully I will be able to stay there for my next visit in 2017.

Aruba since 1979
    yup.......i remember. what a horrible situation.......great LaCabana folks and all turned out well.

so glad that you were ok!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Mine has to be from September of 2014. My 4th visit to Aruba, on day two I was on my way back from the Superfoods to La Cabana, when I had the misfortune to get hit by a Yaris whose driver had broken a red light and collided with another car before bouncing off and colliding with me on the island in between the zebra crossings. A passerby who saw my wrist band contacted La Cabana right away and two of their security officers came over. One of the officers, Stanley not only made sure that I got into the ambulance to go to the hospital and told me to check him as soon as I got back, he also took my groceries( which was scattered all over) back to my room to store them in my fridge.

By the time I got back he had already left for the day, but it seemed as though everyone among the staff had heard about my accident; they were even more surprised that I was still walking around( albeit with a limp) and that apart from a few scratches and bruises( this after being bounced off the hood of the car, taking a window wiper that had gotten stuck to my t-shirt,) the worst that I got was a sprained ankle. The staff at La Cabana really showed that every guest is important, from that day till the day that I left everywhere I went on the hotel everyone always asked how I was doing and provided me with tips on how to ease the soreness in my ankle, I even received assistance in going about getting a Police report from the Police Station, and X-rays from the Hospital.

While getting injured was a bit of a downer the management and staff at La Cabana helped to salvage my visit and made my stay one that I will never forget, hopefully I will be able to stay there for my next visit in 2017.

While we were at bingo on our first night we were talking to a local lady who showed us how to play the games and what games to increase our winnings..
    we were taking about were to go eat that night. She offer to take us to a local place out of the tourist area and promise us a ride back.
    I declined, but thanked her. She ask if we were going to be there on Sunday.. we said yes.
    She made us some yummy sandwiches and gave us her number if we needed anything.
    Now I would never ever take a ride from a total stranger here in Daytona.. but would in Aruba.

So funny you would mention a ride. On one of our first trips we were leaving the Surf Club one evening for dinner. We were planning on walking to Sawasdee (when they were still a full on Thai restaurant). We weren't exactly sure where the place was and as we were walking out we ran into Jennard, our now favorite bartender on the island, but we had only just met him then. He asked where we were going and when we told him he said "get in, I'll give you a ride there". He took us right to the front door and wished us a good meal. On that car ride we made our first "Aruba friend". To this day Jennard is the standard we hold all Arubans and bartenders to. We have yet to be disappointed.