• 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: "Positive News in Aruba"

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean

"Positive News in Aruba"

Paid parking soon via app

Thursday, June 2, 2016 14:10

Arubus director Teo Croes (m.) At the press conference

ORANJESTAD - At the end of this month it's possible to pay via an app while parking in downtown. Aruparking reported this yesterday at a press conference.

By our reporter

Leanne van Spronsen

So far it is only possible to pay with cash or a smart card of Aruparking, where in each case a credit can be put on. The app offers the option to pay via Paypal for parking.

Social parking

Aruparking also announced that starting July 1, the so-called "social parking", where Amigoe wrote yesterday. The amount to be paid by employees in the city for a parking permit, is now dependent on their monthly income. On the question of Amigoe how this will be achieved, replied policy Carolina Rojas-Laclé that employees can report to the office of Aruparking if they want to qualify for the discount. There, they must complete a form and the employer must do this. On that basis Aruparking whether this person now provides 25, 35, 45 or 60 florins per month pay.

2500 daily transactions

Additionally, the company revealed during the press conference charts on monthly transactions that come with them for paid parking. According to Aruparking it is about 60,000 transactions per month, or 2500 per day. It is about people who park in the ordinary white boxes. These figures according to Aruparking show that there really are many people come to the city and the fact that more and more shops close their doors, is not a consequence of the introduction of paid parking.

Highrise

When asked Rojas-Laclé announced that the Parliament has still not taken a decision on the introduction of paid parking on the High Rise. There are parking spaces have been painted and equipped with numbers. Initially this would be postponed until the first quarter of 2016, but the date is still uncertain.

Father's Day

Finally Aruparking announced a discount offer for the Saturday before Father's Day (June 18). Parking in the city normally takes two florins for the first 90 minutes, but this is one time reduced to 2 florins for 3 hours parking.

http://amigoe.com/aruba/228983-betaa...enkort-via-app

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    I posted this update as there IS something new, what I thought is a great option:

"So far it is only possible to pay with cash or a smart card of Aruparking, where in each case a credit can be put on. The app offers the option to pay via Paypal for parking."

I think, it's nice that local people with a low income get a break regarding paid parking.

There is as well an update on the Highrise parking: so far, it's still free! Yeah!

And on the Saturday before Father's Day (18 June) there will be a discount for parking downtown.

All positive developments!

Aruba since 1979
    yes the parking news that you reported is significant

thank you

i think (and i cannot speak for everybody) that we are all growing tired of the seemingly endless topic of parking/fees/boots etc

it is not you CK, it is just old, tiring and sometimes when the subject comes up........it is like beating the old dead horse.

i do not have the option of using the "ignore feature".....but all of you do!!
    i do not have the option of choosing to read a thread and pass on another.....also all of you do!

please folks, if there is a thread that is of no interest to you, just skip it......and smile to yourself

and now this thread is still open. hooray

QUOTE=CK1;298456]I posted this update as there IS something new, what I thought is a great option:

"So far it is only possible to pay with cash or a smart card of Aruparking, where in each case a credit can be put on. The app offers the option to pay via Paypal for parking."

I think, it's nice that local people with a low income get a break regarding paid parking.

There is as well an update on the Highrise parking: so far, it's still free! Yeah!

And on the Saturday before Father's Day (18 June) there will be a discount for parking downtown.

All positive developments! [/QUOTE]