Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Possible takeover Bushiri

From the dutch amigoe:

The government talks with two developers for a possible takeover of the former Bushiri hotel. So says Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) for Tourism, Labor & Transportation.

Let's hope!

Aruba since 1979
    boy i wish one of those were the RITZ .
    wish that ritz, gives up its plan for the windsurf area.

the bushiri used to be Aruba's gem.
    it would be terrific if that could be the case again.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    From the dutch amigoe:

The government talks with two developers for a possible takeover of the former Bushiri hotel. So says Minister Otmar Oduber (AVP) for Tourism, Labor & Transportation.

Let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    From the dutch amigoe:

Let's hope!
    Remember when it was announced that SE Melia had optioned the property and planned to move the cargo docks to the other side of the airport? They "planned" to develop the beach all the way into town, freeing up the west side of the island to recreation and tourism.It was announced quietly this year that they had dropped their plans. Let's hope the Bushiri can rise again as a moderate resort in the low-rise area.
    Walt
    "Vacation is what you make of it, take from it and what you leave behind."

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    boy i wish one of those were the RITZ .
    wish that ritz, gives up its plan for the windsurf area.

the bushiri used to be Aruba's gem.
    it would be terrific if that could be the case again.
    Andrea,

Strolled past the Ritz property near by the widsurf area a few weeks ago and I think they are well on their way to building this hotel. There was a fair amount of activity going on there with lots of earthmoving equipment and the fenced off area is quite large. As we watched the windsurfers, we couldn't help but wondering what effect the hotel will have on the winds in this area.

As far as Bushiri, that area is really unsightly and I can't believe that anyone would develop this as long as the cargo containers are there. It's a shame because there is a lot of beachfront going unused.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Is Bushiri towards town beyond Divi Dutch Village?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnev View Post
    As far as Bushiri, that area is really unsightly and I can't believe that anyone would develop this as long as the cargo containers are there. It's a shame because there is a lot of beachfront going unused.
    I would have to agree. The only way in which that area could be used for a resort would be for the port to be moved to Baracadera.

If that were the case, I for one would love to see a Sandals, Breezes or Beaches resort on the island. Like the Ritz, imo, it would certainly satisfy a niche clientele. (Let me clarify I am not taking a stand on the Ritz, but just stating that there are travelers who will stay there simply because it is a "Ritz".)

A "takeover" of the former Bushiri though does not even mean it would necessarily be for a resort. There is not enough to determine any of this with the info given.

Either way, the building would more than likely be have to be demolished. How many fires have there been in that building since being abandoned? The land could be put to use for whatever the government will allow, no?
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 07-23-2010 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Is Bushiri towards town beyond Divi Dutch Village?
    Yes its the first Hotel(used to be)when heading towards the high rises,its on the left side of the road.It is a good location but not for the Ritz.

Aruba since 1979
    imo if ritz put in the $$ and the changing of the infrastructure, it would be better for in that location than the windsurf location.
    but that is just my fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Yes its the first Hotel(used to be)when heading towards the high rises,its on the left side of the road.It is a good location but not for the Ritz.

Ahhhh....if we ruled the world! What a better place it would be.

I would not be opposed to the Ritz if it was built in a way that did
    not block the wind. When the Ritz issue came up years ago,
    they had an article in the paper where 2 Aruban architects had
    made up a proposal for the place. It was 2 stories, had underground
    parking and was so nice. Too bad they are making it just look
    just the the rest of the Marriott instead of making it a place that
    would be beautiful that everyone could live with.

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Exclamation

>>>> "for a possible takeover of the former Bushiri hotel."
    ---- Have you seen the resort? It would not be a takeover. Think they would need to level it and start over. That means someone with BIG $$$$$.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast