Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Post a few words

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I pack for both of us.

Starts out as fun, excitement approx 1 month before trip

Very organized using my excel spreadsheet and crossing off items as I pack

Ends in stressing about not being able to close bags, DH is no help always says if we have to check 2 bags why not another?

To make a long story short; OVERPACKER!!!

Me-Organized, matching, ready early, thoughtful

Hubby-Unmatched, thrown in, later than the time we are supposed to leave.

Aruba since 1979
    are we seeing a pattern here?

i really wish that i could be more like the men in our lives.
    then again, i'd be without what i needed.
    i tend to obsess with the whole packing thing......pack unpack, roll, cube, unpack and repeat.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Me, a couple shorts, one pair traveler pants, traveler shirts, t's, polos can pack in about half an hour. Wife on other hand----we're doing 5 nice dinners equates to 5 different out fits, starts a week or two before leaving. We still manage to be under the weight limit. Plus a carry on with essentials and electronics. After awhile it's like packing for a weekend trip.

I pack the day before we leave...my wife packs the week before we leave....enough said, lol.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My approach - Let's carefully pack my carry on so that I can easily pull out everything at TSA, so there won't be any issues.

Hubby's approach - Let's throw everything in my carry on (pocket knife, sharp scissors, lotions) to make sure that my carry on gets searched, and we are prolonged at TSA.

Me - makes a list a week before (based on previous lists that I keep for reference), packs the night before/morning of the flight
    Hubby - packs 2 days before, very organized (he travels a lot for work so he could pack in his sleep)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    are we seeing a pattern here?

i really wish that i could be more like the men in our lives.
    then again, i'd be without what i needed.
    i tend to obsess with the whole packing thing......pack unpack, roll, cube, unpack and repeat.
    Andrea, the reason the men can be so free spirited about packing is because we do it, lol....

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Andrea, the reason the men can be so free spirited about packing is because we do it, lol....
    LOL!!

I have never packed for my husband - and I am thankful because I wouldn't even know where to begin - no clue which drawer or closet any of his clothes are even located. LOL!
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pandemonium is the perfect word! I obsess and go crazy and write lists on large pieces of paper and leave those lists in the front pocked of each bag as the items get put into each bag. I request the help of the kids to get me two different piles of clothes - one for a carry on (bathing suit & a change of clothes) and the rest for a checked bag (clothes for 4 or 5 days). There are usually 5 carry on bags and 3 or 4 checked bags.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast