Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Prepaid Digicel phone question

We purchased a prepaid cell phone from Digicel. They told me that if I didn't use it for 6 months that I would lose my cell #? Is that right? Will I lose my minutes that I already have on it? The phone numbers that I have stored on it?

Also is there anyway I could do something from the U.S. to keep my number? I think I have a week or 2 before my 6 months is up?

Aruba since 1979
    the numbers that u have stored will stay.
    digicel and setar tell their customers that their numbers expire after X amount of tiime.
    my aruba cell has been idle for more than 6 mos at a whack and the number has stayed.

suggestion..............but it kind of involves blind faith/trust.
    loan your aruba cell to someone that is going to the island SOON.
    let that person add some minutes and use the phone while on vacation.
    that way it will/may buy you some more time.

i do know of a few people that may be going and may be willing to borrow your phone and give it some new life.

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Ciboney View Post
    We purchased a prepaid cell phone from Digicel. They told me that if I didn't use it for 6 months that I would lose my cell #? Is that right? Will I lose my minutes that I already have on it? The phone numbers that I have stored on it?

Also is there anyway I could do something from the U.S. to keep my number? I think I have a week or 2 before my 6 months is up?

Thanks for the quick response Andrea. I should of thought about this a couple weeks ago cuz we had friends from Aruba here for a week!! Anyway right now I am waiting for a reply from Digicel. I will let you know if I need to lend my phone to someone. We won't be going back til Dec. or Jan.

We have put the Digical SIM card back in our unlocked phone a couple of times after the 6 month period. Then gone back in the Digicel office to buy time and still had the same number as past years.
    Last time we still had a lot of time left from the previous year so we did not have to buy any at that time. Just started using it.
    I go to the office by Wendys at the traffic circle going into town.
    Eagle Beach Boy
    Ontario, Canada