Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Prescription drugs and food

Hi All.

This is a double question, but both regard customs in Aruba.
    My other half needs to bring pain killers with her, that are on prescription. Is there any issue with bringing such drugs in to the country.

i have a friend who lives on the island, he has asked if I can bring Pork Scratchings over for the kids. How does the bringing of precooked foods work with customers?

Many thanks
    AndyB

Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    Hi All.

This is a double question, but both regard customs in Aruba.
    My other half needs to bring pain killers with her, that are on prescription. Is there any issue with bringing such drugs in to the country.

i have a friend who lives on the island, he has asked if I can bring Pork Scratchings over for the kids. How does the bringing of precooked foods work with customers?

Many thanks
    AndyB
    It's best to have a note from the doctor accompanying the pain meds if they're narcotic in nature (Oxi, morphine, etc.). And only bring as many as you need.

Bringing food across international borders is technically restricted (depending on the type) but that doesn't seem to stop people from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    It's best to have a note from the doctor accompanying the pain meds if they're narcotic in nature (Oxi, morphine, etc.). And only bring as many as you need.

Bringing food across international borders is technically restricted (depending on the type) but that doesn't seem to stop people from doing it.
    There are no problems with medications, as long as the name of the traveler printed on the medication ( bottle, pack)
    As of food, people keep bringing various food to the island, even thought it restricted.

Aruba since 1979
    if you can keep the medications in their original prescription bottles that will be fine.

re: bringing in food.
    as it has been said, people bring in food all of the time.
    aruba customs technically does not allow it.
    we bring with us, most every trip over the last 10 years.....cooked and frozen meals in a checked bag.
    it still arrives frozen.
    no one has ever questioned us.

are pork scratchings the same as pork rinds?

We've never brought food in but I have a number of pain medications that I carry with me. I've never had the original script bottles and no one has ever questioned it. Maybe I should change my tactics just in case.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

I believe you can carry your controlled meds with you most anywhere so long as the fill date has not been expired and you have the proper documentation (label)

Don't bring fruits or vegetables across any customs border

I have sciatica and when I have a flair up I need heavy duty medication. I always travel with my medication (just in case) in the original bottles with my name on it. My doctor has given me a travel letter briefly explaining why I need this medication. When traveling with narcotic pain medication, it is always better to be safe than sorry. It only takes one time when a customs agent decides to apply the strictest of rules.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

My health issues require several medications. I bring them in their bottles, but only what I need. I also have a printout from the pharmacy just in case.