Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Problem !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Been to Barbados 3 times, twice on a cruise ship and once for a week vacation.

Aruba is 1000 times safer than Barbados. We enjoyed Barbados but did not enjoy the freedom to explore in the same comfortable environment. Beaches were nice but you had to be careful where you wander. Airport is longer to the hotel area and downtown is crowded and a little rough.

DH went for a walk in broad daylight along the main road in St. James beach area and hurried back after watching a bunch of "thugs" pull out their knives.

Restaurants were not as good as Aruba and again, that comfort level traveling around not the same. Even beaches, more comfortable in Aruba as in Barbados you need to much more careful.

A good point made, if you are going to travel in October, I would be wary of going anywhere that is located in the hurricane zone.

All in all, we did like Barbados and enjoyed our time there but not sure if we would go again for an extended time but on a cruise it was a nice stop. Same point though, wouldn't want to be on a Caribbean cruise during hurricane season.
    Vagas is good for a long weekend. A full week is too long. Barbados is an ok island, but not the safest. The problem with Aruba is a week is NOT LONG ENOUGH.

Vagas is good for a long weekend. Barbados is not the safest. The big problem with Aruba is a week is too short..........

Problem solved!!!! I just booked the airfare.....arrive on Aruba Oct. 20 for TWO WHOLE weeks!!!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Hooray for you! What a wise decision...two weeks should hook you for many more enjoyable trips. Have an absolutely wonderful time; everyone does.

Ed

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    I've been to Aruba 3 times(soon to be 4), Barbados 2 times, and Vegas 3 times. Our favorite is Aruba. I do love Barbados, but it is expensive at a nice 5 star. I do love their rum shops and great distilleries. I never have a problem with safety, but I've been told that I have that look that convinces people not to mess with me. Vegas is a long weekend. The two worst things you can do on the first night of a Vegas trip is to lose a lot of money or to win a lot of money.

Smile

Good deal!!! Aruba it is!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi Brendielee,

Glad your husband saw the light and that you've booked Aruba.

Many people here on the board like to go other places (for us, it's Maui) but we all come back to Aruba.

As for Las Vegas, everybody here is absolutely bang on, it's a different kind of vacation altogether. Disneyland for adults! I'm taking my wife there for her bday in mid-July. Shopping, eating in celebrity chef restaurants and a bit of gambling is what we like to do. Everybody needs a little Vegas every now and then.

Glenn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123