Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Proposal ideas please!!

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Boca Catalina Beach, Light house
    Posts
    32
    UPDATE: Just to update everyone!! We had a wounderful time in Aruba again!! I ended up booking Passions and was very impressed with the view and the service. The food however not so much. I had the grouper and it was very fishy. (much better from wacky's) She said yes, (of course) so we are now in the process of planning a beach wedding for next year!!

  2. #22
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    wonderful news about "she said yes"
    not so wonderful news about the unimpressive food at PASSIONS.
    unfortunate indeed....nice location, not so good food

    Quote Originally Posted by solden_56 View Post
    UPDATE: Just to update everyone!! We had a wounderful time in Aruba again!! I ended up booking Passions and was very impressed with the view and the service. The food however not so much. I had the grouper and it was very fishy. (much better from wacky's) She said yes, (of course) so we are now in the process of planning a beach wedding for next year!!

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6

    Most romantic spot to get engaged?

    Hi everyone,
    I dont want to be a bother and I'm kind of new to this forum thing...
    Last year the love of my life and I went to Jamaica and I planned on proposing there, but I got terribly sick from issues at the resort (I was pretty much sick the whole time we were there).. The chain was kind enough to offer us another week somewhere (we provided doctors notes etc and the week was minus flights)... My girlfriend has always wanted to go to Aruba, her parents have been several times on cruises etc and have always raved about it to her...
    So we chose Aruba.. We both can't wait. I'm dying to ask her to marry me but I want it to be special, so I'm waiting till we're in Aruba because I know that it will make it that much more special to her. That being said (sorry for the background story)... Can I get some help of the most romantic spots or possible ways/suggestions to propose to her in Aruba?

    More then appreciated!

  4. #24
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    wow you waited a year!
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

    aruba............way better than jamaica


    check out this thread, click link below
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f16/propo...-please-53885/
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingengagedinaruba View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I dont want to be a bother and I'm kind of new to this forum thing...
    Last year the love of my life and I went to Jamaica and I planned on proposing there, but I got terribly sick from issues at the resort (I was pretty much sick the whole time we were there).. The chain was kind enough to offer us another week somewhere (we provided doctors notes etc and the week was minus flights)... My girlfriend has always wanted to go to Aruba, her parents have been several times on cruises etc and have always raved about it to her...
    So we chose Aruba.. We both can't wait. I'm dying to ask her to marry me but I want it to be special, so I'm waiting till we're in Aruba because I know that it will make it that much more special to her. That being said (sorry for the background story)... Can I get some help of the most romantic spots or possible ways/suggestions to propose to her in Aruba?

    More then appreciated!

  5. #25
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,894
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingengagedinaruba View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I dont want to be a bother and I'm kind of new to this forum thing...
    Last year the love of my life and I went to Jamaica and I planned on proposing there, but I got terribly sick from issues at the resort (I was pretty much sick the whole time we were there).. The chain was kind enough to offer us another week somewhere (we provided doctors notes etc and the week was minus flights)... My girlfriend has always wanted to go to Aruba, her parents have been several times on cruises etc and have always raved about it to her...
    So we chose Aruba.. We both can't wait. I'm dying to ask her to marry me but I want it to be special, so I'm waiting till we're in Aruba because I know that it will make it that much more special to her. That being said (sorry for the background story)... Can I get some help of the most romantic spots or possible ways/suggestions to propose to her in Aruba?

    More then appreciated!
    How about a nice romantic dinner on the beach at Passions... simply propose over coffee and dessert! BTW... welcome to the forum and you will love Aruba!

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6
    We're so excited!! We're actually going to look for time shares ... I was using google and found one place that has a private hut.. That would be the best thing so far?

  7. #27
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    The private hut of which you speak may be at Old Man and the Sea Restaurant.
    Quote Originally Posted by gettingengagedinaruba View Post
    We're so excited!! We're actually going to look for time shares ... I was using google and found one place that has a private hut.. That would be the best thing so far?

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6
    YES .. that was the place.. it look, well.. magestic to ask her in.. Do you know how to reserve this??

  9. #29
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Check out "Peggy will you marry me?" at https://www.facebook.com/pages/PASSI...H/298337758759

  10. #30
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,921
    from the Old Man and the Sea ... facebook page
    Location Savaneta 356-A Aruba, xxxx Savaneta, Aruba

    Hours
    Mon - Sun: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm

    Phone +297 584 3434
    Email reserve@theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com
    Website http://www.theoldmanandthesearestaurant.com


    here are some TAGGED THREADS for OMATS

    click the link below
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/old%...the%20sea.html


    Quote Originally Posted by gettingengagedinaruba View Post
    YES .. that was the place.. it look, well.. magestic to ask her in.. Do you know how to reserve this??
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 08-23-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO