Aruba Beach
Aruba Nights Island Guide

Proposal For New Requirements for Citizenship on Aruba and other Dutch Islands

Came across this article this morning about the requirements for naturalization for Aruba, Curacao and St. Martin.

Interesting. Thanks for the link.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Interesting. I find there is a big difference in being able to communicate/understand the Dutch language compared with Spanish and Papiamento. When I play poker, the people from Aruba are often somewhat surprised I can understand the general gist of their conversations. I have been asked multiple times if I speak Papiamento, because I am able to make a comment about a hand two or more people were discussing in Papiamento. I respond in English of course because I can't really speak it but could communicate in Spanish if needed (limited speaking but I understand reasonably well) Then the jokes come - Jay you are here so often, you should be able to speak it by now...most of the local players know me now, and I really enjoy playing with them, some are now friends. The people Aruba are great!
    When two Dutch citizen speak, I have no clue what they are talking about.